Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl1XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently i am facing crackling noise in my HP Spectre x360 15 inch left speakers, i tried one of the solution that was provided in HP forum, but still it is not resolved. Could you please help me with the steps to resolve the same or should i take it to any nearby authorized hp service center to get it resolved.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I have the same issue

HP Recommended

@Azhar07

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please run an Audio Test from F2 Diagnostic and let me know how it goes

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the Notebook.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Audio

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I executed the test following your instructions, i was able to hear the number of different notes played, but it was not crystal clear as it used to be before from the left side of the speaker. It is clear from the right side of the speaker, so i have adjusted the audio balance level more towards the right and reduced the left levels. Now it is manageable, but i want to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your support.

Audio Playback TestAudio Playback Test

HP Recommended

I went through the same procedure and I stil hear noise in the left speaker.

It has started few days ago out of nothing, during  Skype telco.

Now I work on right speaker only.

Please help.

HP Recommended

@Azhar07

If the issue persists during the F2 Diagnostic Test then this is a Hardware issue. Since the Diagnostic Test does not involve any Drivers or Windows OS

I suggest you contact HP Support in your Region for Service Options

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.