Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-22-2020 11:18 PM
Recently i am facing crackling noise in my HP Spectre x360 15 inch left speakers, i tried one of the solution that was provided in HP forum, but still it is not resolved. Could you please help me with the steps to resolve the same or should i take it to any nearby authorized hp service center to get it resolved.
09-26-2020 05:42 AM
Welcome to HP Community
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
Please run an Audio Test from F2 Diagnostic and let me know how it goes
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the Notebook.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second.
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Audio
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
09-26-2020 06:14 AM
I executed the test following your instructions, i was able to hear the number of different notes played, but it was not crystal clear as it used to be before from the left side of the speaker. It is clear from the right side of the speaker, so i have adjusted the audio balance level more towards the right and reduced the left levels. Now it is manageable, but i want to resolve this issue.
Thank you for your support.
09-26-2020 12:53 PM
If the issue persists during the F2 Diagnostic Test then this is a Hardware issue. Since the Diagnostic Test does not involve any Drivers or Windows OS
I suggest you contact HP Support in your Region for Service Options
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
I Am An HP Employee