Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0023dx
Microsoft Windows 11

HELP !!!

After the Realtek Audio 6.0.9159.1 update, I have been facing the crackling and distorted sound from my speakers.  I managed to fix the issue by installing High Definition Audio Device. But my speaker does not sound better as it was before. Could someone from HP community help for on this? I bought my device only 3 months ago. I tried resetting my Windows 11, however, this could not fix the problem either. 

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem with my OMEN 15 laptop on windows 11. In addition, I also noticed that in the OMEN Audio Control app, the equializer stopped working,

HP Recommended

Yes, i m facing the similar problem my Omen Audio Control cannot connect to RPC.

Please do let me know if you find any solution.

HP Recommended

Do you mean the built-in speakers or external bluetooth speakers?  If you only have issues with external bluetooth speakers but not the built-in speakers, it is the bluetooth driver's problem. I had that issue and found a way to fix it. 

HP Recommended

I have a problem in my built-in speakers.

HP Recommended

Realtek's drivers often have problems. They don't happen to all the people, just some of the specific cases and some of the time.  I would suggest you try Windows generic audio driver to see if it solves your problem:

You may have a driver issue.  I have had issues with Realtek drivers and found that the generic Microsoft drivers solved the problem.  There is no risk to try the following steps

1. open Device Manager

2. expand "Sound, video, and game controllers"

3. double click "Realtek Audio"

4. go to "driver" tab

5. select "Update driver"

6. select "browse my computer for drvers"

7. select "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

8. select "High Definition Audio Device"

If this doesn't solve your problem, you can follow the same steps (except step #8) to revert back to the Realtek driver.

HP Recommended

Actually I did that but with all I am concerned is about my laptop's sound. It is lower than what it used to be.

HP Recommended

I didn't experience that.  You may want to make sure that the media player's sound level and system sound output level for the device are maxed.

HP Recommended

crackling in speakers on HP Pavilion Gaming laptop - 15-ec0013ur windows 11, downgrading the driver leads to other problems, long turning on or off, incorrect detection of playback devices. The problem is in the Windows 11 update files. So far I have not found a normal and working solution, but if you roll back the system to the initial state of Windows 11 (after installation), the realtek driver works correctly, and there is no cod in the speakers!

HP Recommended

I have an Omen Desktop instead of a laptop, but I have suffered from the same issue with the crackling sound.  I seemed to have resolved it by changing a setting in my BIOS.   See if you have the following setting in your BIOS.  Power/OS Power Management/ Runtime Power Management..... if so, set to DISABLE , and also set IDLE POWER SAVINGS (if you have this setting) to Normal.

See if that helps at all.  It seems to have fixed the issue on my Desktop PC.

DarranL

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.