Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
PAVILION G6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i am getting distorted sound what should i do? i have updated audio driver..the problem is still there

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SWAHIL Welcome to HP Community!

If possible, plug in a pair of headphones into the headphone jack and listen to the audio. If there is no audio distortion through the headphones, you should contact HP for additional support. There might be an electrical problem with the speakers in your computer.

If you still hear distortion, popping, or hissing when using headphones, continue to the following section to resolve the issue.

Fixing sound or speaker problems - Use one of the methods below to fix the problem:

• Be sure there are no other electronic devices next to the notebook that might cause interference (e.g., cell phones). Try using the notebook in a different room, building or even outside. If the noise does not occur in a different location, you might have an electrical interference issue.

• Update the BIOS to the latest version. For information on updating the BIOS, refer to Updating the BIOS.

• Run HP Support Assistant to automatically update the chipset and audio drivers to the latest version.

• Manually update the chipset drivers to the latest version. Specific chipset drivers for your notebook might be available for download at the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads page.

• Manually update the audio drivers to the latest version. Specific audio drivers for your notebook might be available for download at the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads page.

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.