Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx

I'm bit disappointed on HP support and thought to post the question here.
i had an issue with audio where I'm having bang Olufsen sounds in my laptop and that music app is only working for built-in speakers where I cannot control any of attached devices' audio properties such as equalizer, bass settings ( for example I'm connecting flip 5 , sony wh1000xm2 ) I'm bit confused where i cannot even change the sound format bit rate for have good quality audio where it is greyed out 

please don't ask to uninstall, update driver i already did several times and it's not a solution !! 

when I selected Bluetooth speaker, bass, treble and eq is gone from the app. 

Annotation 2020-07-14 233550.png

sound control panel

Annotation 2020-07-14 233409.png

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@ted_Singapore,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the product number and the exact model for your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

product no: 5JW50PA#AB4

Model :HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx

HP Recommended

@ted_Singapore  

Thank you for the update.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same

If the issue still persists, please uninstall the audio drivers and update the chipset drivers and restart the computer then install the audio driver.

Also, update the BIOS.

Please click the below link to download the drivers.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Issue is still there any those steps I already followed before. and followed again. it wont fix the issue check the screenshots attached 😞
did all the steps u mentioned. still, the same issue persists without changing a single fact!

Annotation 2020-07-18 024432.pngAnnotation 2020-07-18 024525.png

HP Recommended

@ted_Singapore

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you perform the system reset.

Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.

You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.

• If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.

• If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I did the resetting of the PC and lost all my installed apps  😞  
even though the problem is persist with the same scenarios! 

I'm really disappointed and frustrated that resetting the PC solves the problems with the driver, and application for the sound in the laptop. I'm not sure is it a protocol that you follow to reset PC and check on luck by chance. i really happy with the previous Hp products I had and now really disappointed on the product and the support I'm getting here on solving simple audio issue. 
and it is necessary for me cause I don't have any way to control the equalizer, bass, trebles over the music where I'm loving on. 
i would need technical expertise regarding this which is a permanent solution not just try and error session!

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@ted_Singapore If you've already reinstalled the OS and yet the issue persists, this could be a hardware malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Its not a hardware issue they tried to tell me this as well, but funny thing is when you uninstall them UAD Realtek drivers, you will have enhancements tab and be able to change them functions. The driver they are shipping out is botched, Microsoft told me HP is having issues with them Realtek audio drivers, and well i don't they they are going to fix it, mine is the same way as well as lots of others, so wow we all have hardware issues FUNNY HP> BUT NOT FUNNY. not every pc that has this issue has a hardware issue. Its your driver, i have done lots of test and your driver every singe time disables these functions , enhancements tab leaves, sample and bit rate greys out. this is only with your UAD Realtek driver your universal audio device driver. you all need to fix this , i have been having this issue for months and months funny mine is a hp pavilion laptop and wow same issue as this gent. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.