Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Split 13 X2, E3A10AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have difficulty hearing this machine without Beats Audio. My wife's HP Win 10 machine exhibits the same issue after windows updates. I installed the IDT on the support page with no improvement. I don't know if I have a Realtec or IDT sound device. How do I get the Beats Audio back on my machine?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @baggage1,

As I understand you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue with beat's audio missing from the control panel. In this scenario, I would suggest you to perform a Microsoft push button reset on the notebook.

Windows 10 has a push-button reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This can be done either while preserving your personal data and customization, or removing all your personal data.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to perform a system recovery using the partition available on your PC. 

So, please remember to back up your data before initiating system recovery. If for some reason the recovery fails. The only other way to install Windows would be to order the recovery media for your laptop and using the recovery media you can install Windows. You can check if the recovery media is available online on www.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here:http://hp.care/2bygf7l

For more information, please use this link: HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)

HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. If your product is out of warranty, please choose paid options to get the tech support number.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

baggage1

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the Beats audio not working after an update. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you tried to update the Bios?

Have you tried to update the drivers either using HP Support Assistant or using Windows update?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Uninstall the Audio drivers from Device manager: 

• Go to device manager (You can give a right click on windows logo on bottom left corner of your screen and select device manager from the list) 
  • Now maximize the “Sound, video and game controllers” from the list. You will see the audio driver. Right-click on “IDT high definition audio CODEC” and select “Update driver software”. 
  • Select “Browse my computer for driver software” – Select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”. 
  • Select “High Definition Audio Device” (Not IDT High Def...  This is important) and click Next. You will get a warning message but reply “Yes”. 
  • Now once you restart the computer, please go ahead and update the Bios, Chipset and Audio drivers on your PC from our HP Support website, using this link

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

If this does not fix it, then I would suggest that you back up your files completely and then perform a complete system recovery on the computer to factory settings and then update windows again. This should do the trick for you.

Link for system recovery: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961 and select the option "Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly". This should fix it for you.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick response Jeet_singh. I performed all of the items you suggested and didn't realize how  out of date things had become on this machine. However, now that things are updated the sound the sound is very little better than before. I cannot find Beats Audio in the control panel. What would be my next option besides sending this machine back to square one.  Due to many factors my time isn't available for that lengthy process. Just want the Beats Audio program back that came with the machine if that is possible.

HP Recommended

Hi @baggage1,

As I understand you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue with beat's audio missing from the control panel. In this scenario, I would suggest you to perform a Microsoft push button reset on the notebook.

Windows 10 has a push-button reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This can be done either while preserving your personal data and customization, or removing all your personal data.

If the issue persists, I would suggest here is to perform a system recovery using the partition available on your PC. 

So, please remember to back up your data before initiating system recovery. If for some reason the recovery fails. The only other way to install Windows would be to order the recovery media for your laptop and using the recovery media you can install Windows. You can check if the recovery media is available online on www.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here:http://hp.care/2bygf7l

For more information, please use this link: HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)

HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. If your product is out of warranty, please choose paid options to get the tech support number.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.