Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 850 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP Support Assistant tells me that there is an update available: Conexant HD Audio Driver SoftPaq number sp106142 Version: 10.0.3690.123. I tried several times to install the driver but it just fails with the following message: "Failed installation: Conexant HD Audio Driver".

The currently insalled driver has the version 10.0.18362.1.

My questions:

a) Is there an installtion log file where I can get more meaningful information?

b) Is there a way to completely uninstall the previous driver? When I try to uninstall it via device manager it gets installed again automatically before I can start the driver setup.

Thank you for your support

53 REPLIES 53
HP Recommended

I have a ProBook 450 G3, and have EXACTLY the same problem. Super frustrating. 

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same issue with a ZBook G4

Please advise.

HP Recommended

Same problem with my EliteBook 840 G3. It matters because this update is necessary for the Windows 10 2004 feature update.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my Elitebook 850 G5.

Current version is 10.0.18362.1, the version it wants to install is 12.43.1.134 (sp106154)

HP Recommended

Same for HP ProBook 650 G2.

I have currently ver. 9.0.232.60

HP Recommended

Same problem HP ProBook 450 G5

HP Recommended

Today (after some Windows updates yesterday) the installation wizard comes up using the HP Support Assistant and completes the installation with a SUCCESS result. But after restart, both Windows and the Support Assistant indicate that the same driver is still available (needing to install), and the Windows Update still says my system is not ready for the 2004 feature update. Something is still not working with this.

HP Recommended

I had posted earlier and now, after patch Tuesday, I have the same experience as James198. The installation indicates success, but after reboot, the old driver is still installed and the HP Support Assistant still indicates an update is needed.

Does the support team monitor this forum?

Please advise.

Geo222

HP Recommended

I have also the same experience as James198 and Geo222.
The installation of Conexant HD Audio Driver  "sp106154" indicates success, but after reboot, the old driver is still installed and the HP Support Assistant still indicates an update is needed

HP ProBook 450G5

Help please

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.