Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

HP envy 17 laptop just beyond warranty period. The pop noise exists whenever the AC is plugged, even in the BIOS screen wihout any OS running, so it seems the problem is related to hardware. I changed different AC adapter, still same problem.

(update) The noise problem is getting worse, the noise is very loud from speakers, even in mute or external earphone connector plugged, and nobody can tolerate. After disassemble the laptop, there are left speaker, right speaker and middle speakers. I find the noise is from the middle speakers, unplug the middle speakers (subwoofer), now noises are gone, though sound quality will not be same as before.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @user_11,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand, you're in need of support. 

In this case, I suggest you contact our phone support. 

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

* Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

HP Recommended

OMG, I have been going crazy for a month trying to figure out why I have been getting ramdom distortions from my speakers and I just unplugged my laptop and it is crystal clear.  Please let us know what HP's sollution for this is.

HP Recommended

Mike, did you get a resolution?  I am having the same problem, I have seen that approximately 500,000,000 other people have the same F'ing problem, and HP support posts solutions that don't work.  

I also just realized that mine only does it when it is plugged into AC.  So, when its plugged into AC AND there is some video content running, or even a graphics heavy web page, it sounds like a gieger counter.  It alsoo does it when booting (then it builds to a crescendo that sounds like it might blow up).  

the sound does NOT come through my headphones, and I don't think its actually coming from my speakers.  If I have headphones in, the sound is still there, just not through the headphones.  

Oddly, the longer my computer is on, the weaker the sound gets.

I have updated sound and video drives and BIOS.  Please HP, solve this.  it is literally the biggest problem in the world according to the number of people in your forum complaining about it. 

HP Recommended

Hi @badger666

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.