Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Recently I reinstalled windows about a week ago but when I tried to plug my HDMI cable to my TV I get video but no sound I have gone into my sound manager and clicked show disconnected and disabled devices nothing happend.I downloaded the sound drivers from the HP page for my laptop nothing happend I even updated the grphics card driver after hearing that the HDMI is connect from there or somthing nothing happend.I am at a loss I'm unable to hear sound through my TV and none of the countless links I have followed on goggle have gotten me answers so if anyone knows a solution please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK...see if this works...

Download and save, but do not run this Intel HD graphics driver from your notebook's support page.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72370.exe

Then download and install this free file utility.  The 2nd file on the page is for 64 bit.

http://www.7-zip.org/

After you install 7-Zip, right click on the graphics driver file you downloaded and saved.

Select 7-Zip from the list of items.

Have 7-Zip Extract to: and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp72370).

After that is done, go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, Video and Game Controllers device category.

You should see an IDT HD audio device and a plain HD Audio device.

Click on the HD Audio device (not the IDT one).

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder 7-Zip created.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Restart the PC and now see if you get audio and video out of the HDMI port.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

In order to try and help you, I would need to know the full model number of your notebook and what operating system you are running.

HP Recommended

Sure Here it is

HP ENVY 17-j181nr Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR)

Model #:E8A07UA

The operating system is windows 10

HP Recommended

OK...see if this works...

Download and save, but do not run this Intel HD graphics driver from your notebook's support page.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72370.exe

Then download and install this free file utility.  The 2nd file on the page is for 64 bit.

http://www.7-zip.org/

After you install 7-Zip, right click on the graphics driver file you downloaded and saved.

Select 7-Zip from the list of items.

Have 7-Zip Extract to: and let it extract the file into its folder name (sp72370).

After that is done, go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, Video and Game Controllers device category.

You should see an IDT HD audio device and a plain HD Audio device.

Click on the HD Audio device (not the IDT one).

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder 7-Zip created.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Restart the PC and now see if you get audio and video out of the HDMI port.

HP Recommended

Okay trying that right now just so you know that audio device has said not working since I installed windows I tried uninstalling it but it was always back within seconds.

HP Recommended
It seems to have worked thank you very much sir
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

I hae hp 350g1 laptop when connect hdmi cable there is no sound on tv

HP Recommended

I have a hp elitebook 8440p  sj990up windows 7 professional 64 bit  and it is no longer sending sound through the hdmi to tv connection. When I first used the cord a week ago it worked but now it isn't.  i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the nvidia hdmi drivers from the hp sight as well as the nvidia sight. I've tried updating the bios as well.  For whatever reason my tv doesn't even show in my playback devices even though it once did.  I've tried looking under disable and disconnected devices as well.  I was wondering if you might be able to lead me in the right direction as to how to resolve this problem 

HP Recommended

I just followed those instructions exactly, but when I click to expand the Sound, Video and Game Controllers category, I don't see an IDT HD audio device. 

What do I do??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.