Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HELP 

Not sure if I am in the right section

I have Real Player on my system and have just copied a cd onto it, which seem to work fine at first then all my files of music and photo's etc just disappeared now I have nothing on there at all the Library section has completely gone.

Not sure if this is enough info (shouldn't think so) but anybody help me. 

Many thanks

Shedeval

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @shedeval, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that files are missing from the library section when you use real player.

Try the few steps mentioned below.

To find and re-import your songs:

1. Open RealPlayer.
2. Select File from the menu.
3. Click Scan Disk For Media.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to import the clips. After you re-import the clips, the database is updated with new clip locations and you should see them in your library again

If you know where the missing files are stored on your computer, you can also import the media manually:

1. Open RealPlayer.
3. Click Add Files To Library.
4. Locate the media clips on your computer.
5. Select the file name(s) and then click Open. 

Please let me know the outcome.

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @shedeval, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that files are missing from the library section when you use real player.

Try the few steps mentioned below.

To find and re-import your songs:

1. Open RealPlayer.
3. Click Scan Disk For Media.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to import the clips. After you re-import the clips, the database is updated with new clip locations and you should see them in your library again

If you know where the missing files are stored on your computer, you can also import the media manually:

1. Open RealPlayer.
3. Click Add Files To Library.
4. Locate the media clips on your computer.
5. Select the file name(s) and then click Open. 

Please let me know the outcome.

Cheers! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

While waiting to see if anybody can help me, I have been back into Real Player and my Library seems to re appeared although it seems my music seems a bit jumbled, and I have noticed before their has been problems and the program has had to close.  I'm very grateful for your reply and I will definetly be keeping your steps to recover the library if it happens again

Once again Many Thanks for your help

Shedeval

HP Recommended

Hi @shedeval! You're welcome and thanks for the prompt reply,

I am happy to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.