Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 255 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello,

my company bought 6x HP 255 G7 notebooks. All of them has W10 20H2 version. Win updates refreshed. I installed HP Software assistant on them, all drivers are refreshed. I use the same software package on all computer of my company, none of the others have this kind of problem.

We are using Ms Teams(newest version) on it and all users complaining: Teams screen freezes after 5-60 mins (random), the other participants cannot hear them (if they are talking) - (maybe mic problem?), but they can hear the others - speaker is OK.

Only Teams. They also use Skype, there isn't this kind of problem.

Product nr: 15A04EA#AKC

Serial nr: [Personal Information Removed]

Thank you,

Tamas

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello,

does any have something regarding my post?

Thank you,

Tamas

HP Recommended

Seeing exactly the same issues with 100+ HP 255 G7's

Teams freezes and laptops have to be restarted. Causing massive headaches. Updated drivers, re-built with Windows ISO, rebuilt with corporate images. Issues still remain. Teams crashes at random times and the end user can only hard reset the laptop. Happens on Windows 10 1809 and 20H2.

There is obviously an issue and it's very frustrating to the point we are considering recalling 100+ laptops and replacing them to allow the end users (Teachers) to teach remotely.

Why is HP doing nothing about this or even acknowledge the issue? Until seeing this post we thought the issue was infrastructure related however we are not alone with this issue on this model of laptop.

HP Recommended

Dear HP, I have the same issue as described above. Looks like this could be widespread.  Can you please advise..?

Thanks,

Tom

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.