Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 360

So I got this laptop about 2 years ago, after about a month I had problems with plugging in headphones, which seems to be unrepairable. Basically I have to restart my laptop every time I want to change from using the built in speaker to using my headphones.

Then it soon became apparent that using my built in microphone is a nightmare, the side fan makes it impossible to use without being completely drowned out by the noise of the laptop.

After a few months the left hinge became really unstable and in the left hand corner of the screen it has been slowly coming from the casing and there is a visible whiteness of the screen in the corner.

The charging port has slowly been getting more and more wiggly as well and charger comes out easily.

I generally take excellent care of my laptop and belongings, my previous laptop (HP) lasted me 7 years and my (second hand) MacBook lasted me 10.

I have only really used this laptop to stream Netflix, I've hardly used it as a touch screen or for any intense purposes, I've not used it for gaming or for graphics at all, mainly because the fan and system seemed so overwhelmed whenever I tried to do anything beyond scrolling and streaming.

Recently it has decided to start crashing regularly and now 2 years in I just feel I have completely wasted my money.

A £700 laptop should last much longer than 2 years, HP used to build incredible laptops, which were value for money. I wish I could have my money back and put it towards a MacBook.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Amberlou94,

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

and, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.