Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy x 360 13-ay0504sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi few weeks ago I purchased HP envy x360 13-ay0504sa ,so as I mentioned above speakers began to crackle.

Laptop has bang & olufsen  speakers ,I was try every option offered by hp assistant and a problem is still there and now is even worse.

When I plug a headphones sound is very good, is it a possibility a speakers are faulty ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@PAWEL4, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
  • What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

To resolve these issues, download and install the following SoftPaq to update the audio driver: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp107001-107500/sp107252.exe

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Not sure it happen after windows update, initially the left speaker started a crackle then a right one gone the same. Never made any hardware changes just update drivers after it happen.

Yes I have tried troubleshooting steps .Link to SoftPaq what you send to me is not working.

Product number 2S895EA#ABU

Regards

HP Recommended

PAWEL4@we have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to check to get to know its hardware is faulty, not a software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.