Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 850 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi folks!

After the Aniversary Update of Windows 10 I have problems with my sound card. There are two sound cards listet by the device manager. The first one is "Conexant ISST Audio" and the second one "Intel High Definition Audio". I don't know wether this was the case before the update. I just recognized this after the update when I had the sound problems.

Anyway, on one boot up the sound works on the other boot it doesn't work. It seems that Windows chooses the sound card every time when it start. Sometimes it takes the wrong sound card.

I tried to uninstall both sound cards and reinstalling them. On the HP website there's a driver for the Conexant card bot no driver for the Intel High Definition Audio card. Windows 10 itself doesn't find a driver for this sound card. I also tried to reinstall other drivers, for instance chipset drivers. But unfortunately it didn't help. I also tried to deactivate the Intel High Definition Audio, but also without success.

What else can I try? I don't want to reinstall Windows. There must be a solution without doing that. Any Ideas? Here's a screenshot of my device manager, maybe it helps:

20160822_01_Soundprobleme.png

If you need any further Information, please let me know.

Best regards,

ty

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just tried this driver and I still have sound after 6 reboots. 

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_171406_1

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Same issue on an Elitebook 840 G3 after the Aniversary Update. 

Sometimes the sound works, sometimes it doesn't. The audio adapter appears in Device Manager without any errors or warnings. When the sound is not working, the speaker icon on the task bar shows "No Audio Output Device is installed"

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the driver. This works sometimes. But after a couple reboots it'll stop working again. 

The notebook has the latest firmware installed. 

Still looking for a solution myself. I haven't tried to roll back before the update. 

Thanks, 

Bill

HP Recommended

I just tried this driver and I still have sound after 6 reboots. 

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_171406_1

HP Recommended

Hi JiggleMan, thanks for your reply. I've installed this driver and after severl reboots the sound is still active. Let's see if it's the same in the next days, because the Intel High Definition Audio Soundcard is unrecognized. I'll report my experience.

HP Recommended

Hi folks, since I've installed the driver mentioned my JiggleMan, the sound problems are gone. So installing that driver seems to be the solution. 🙂

Thanks for the help!

HP Recommended

You're welcome. Glad I could help out!

HP Recommended

I installed the drive suggested and was able to get sound back through my laptop, but it doesn't play sound through the speakers plugged into my docking station like it did before the 1607 update.  It can play sound through my HDMI monitor which ironically is plugged into the same docking station.  Thoughts?

HP Recommended

The Intel HD Audio is a sound adapter that is built into the Intel chipset and is behaving as expected.  This is typically seen used on HDMI connections for pushing audio over the video connection.

HP Recommended

Hi. The link is not working. Can you tell me wich driver you used?

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Your best bet is to download the SDM and have it check your system and update all drivers that way.  That is what was suggested to me by a support representative.  You should find it at this link.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/ads/clientmanagement/overview.html#manageability-tools#manageability-tools

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.