Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The microphone won't work (Or at least it's extremely unresponsive that if you scream into the mic port it might flicker.) I've read other forums and lots of people are having this problem but none of the solutions given are yet to work. I've tried them all. People seem to think it's a problem with the Bang & Olufsen driver. Any help welcome! 

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi @WillNewing,

Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What is your exact model of Envy 13? HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

I understand that you are having a difficulty with your microphone as it is not responding. Here is a link to  HP PCs - Resolving Microphone Problems (Windows 10, 😎. Please let me know if this helped.

Please click theThumbs Up” below to thank me for my efforts! If one of my posts help you to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please click the "Accept as Solution" so that others who may be having the same difficulty can find the answer more efficiently. Thanks for taking part in the HP Forums!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I've already tried that thread and it didn't work 😕

HP Recommended

H i@Willewing,

Is it the internal microphone or an external one?

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Internal

HP Recommended

Hi @WillNewing,

Thank you for the information.  If you connect an external microphone does it work? You can also test the audio for a hardware issue.  HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with external microphones as well 😕

HP Recommended

Hi @WillNewing,

Thank you for the reply. As the external microphone had the same issue, you know it is not the internal microphone.  What was the result of the audio hardware test?

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

It passed the audio hardware test. 

HP Recommended

Hi @WilNewing,

What is your precise model of Envy 13? There is a link in my original post to help you locate that information.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.