Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Updating the system, reinstalling Zoom and checking for updates did not work.

HP Recommended

A system reset did not solve the problem. 

HP Recommended

Sadly, the new AMD drivers seemed to have done nothing in my case. 

HP Recommended

Took it to Best Buy. There is nothing wrong with the microphone hardware.  Troubleshooting is completely useless as it doesn't identify any problems.

HP Recommended

Are there any other particular steps for this driver update process? I installed them directly from the AMD site but Zoom keeps crashing. 

HP Recommended

The only thing that seems to work is using the HP June 24th driver (although 1 person reported that also did not work for them).

The AMD drivers crash too.

I'm now a week crash free with daily heavy Zoom and Teams usage with the June 24th driver.

HP Recommended

I have this same issue and it happens EVERY SINGLE time I am on a video call.  Is there a solution?

HP Recommended

This worked for me - Buy a USB microphone (I bought the Yeti Nano) and use it.  Also, go to Device Manager,  "Sound, video and game controller", right click on AMD High Definition Audio, and select disable.

After doing this, no problems for a month.

Bluetooth microphone (airpods) might also work.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Sometimes the sound goes quiet, sometimes I get a very loud noice (sounding like a sawtooth wave at around 46 Hz) that won't stop. Restarting/shutting down doesn't work as it will keep making the noice while shutting down, and the computer will just hang with a black screen and the noise continuing until I turn off the computer by holding down the power button for several seconds.

It happens both during Zoom meetings and during Discord chats (used for work as well as for gaming). Updating BIOS and drivers did not help. Sometimes it crashes once a week. Sometimes it may crash several times within a one hour.

I will try resetting the computer to factory settings, reinstalling Windows and all other software, but if that doesn't work, I will have to return the computer.

HP Recommended

This worked for me.

Use a USB microphone (I use a Yeti Nano). A bluetooth microphone (eg. airpods) might also work.

Also, go to Device Manager,  "Sound, video and game controller", right click on AMD High Definition Audio, and select disable.

After doing this, no problems for a month.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.