Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 15.6" Touchscreen Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this laptop for two weeks.  This week, during Zoom and Messenger calls, the other participants started reporting that they couldn't hear me, and I could not hear them either. The first time, I could still control the volume slider and click the audio icons in the taskbar. I couldn't re-enable my audio, and Zoom crashed. After restarting, everything worked properly for about five minutes and then the both the microphone and the speakers became disabled again. This time, some Windows Explorer features froze as well and I wasn't able to access any audio related settings. The third time this happened, one of the participants was speaking and when the audio crashed the speakers kept producing a loud buzzing noise (like a snippet of noise repeating itself ad nauseam), and my whole desktop froze, forcing me to restart the system. This keeps happening at least three times a day whenever I am in any type of call. I already researched everywhere, reinstalled drivers, updated the OS, and followed every other initial recommendations. My whole livelihood depends on these meetings and I would really appreciate to receive some guidance to make sure I can solve this quickly.  Thanks in advance for anyone who can relate or provide some help!

Update: Following all of the suggestions and updating the drivers has not been an effective solution to this problem. The only solution that has worked for me is using an external Yeti USB microphone which is NOT a real fix. I'm really loving everything else that this laptop is able to do since I can work seamlessly whenever audio problems are out of the way and I can also use Adobe Fresco with it. I am still completely desperate about this and continue to ask for any practical support. I know this is a very common issue from what I've heard, but I feel disheartened to notice that the only solution for many is to return the laptop and buy another model.

35 REPLIES 35
HP Recommended

@robsterinside

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's try a recovery: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is happening to me - HP envy 369, AMD Ryzen chip, crashes during zoom calls - makes buzzing sound when crashed —-HELP - need this for school

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Been having microphone issues since I started using headphones about two months ago and my computer has never been the same. 

HP Recommended

@ld908 

I understand your concerns.

What is the product number of your computer?

(Ensure you don't share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc..). 

HP Recommended
Product number - 15M-EE0013DX
HP Recommended

@Toaster1

Thank you for the information. 

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Please uninstall reinstall the Zoom application and check.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

My product # is 9HZ86UA#ABA

HP Recommended

@ld908 

Thank you for the information.

In that case, I would suggets you uninstall the audio drivers. update the chipset drivers.

Then restart the computer and install the audio driver. Also, update the BIOS.

Please click the below link to download the drivers.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-15m-ee0000-x360-convertible-laptop-pc-serie...

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hello,  Could you provide more detail about this procedure?  Which version of the BIOS should I update to?  ON 8/25 I updated bios to softpaq number sp107510 version F12 using HP Support Assistant.  Please describe the specific steps I need to take with links to the software.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.