Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Well, after preforming all of the steps to uninstall/reinstall drivers and pausing the updates, the computer started to make an awful loud buzzing noise during a call and the computer once again had to be reset. I’ve finally resorted to plugging in headphones with a mic and am just hoping that this works.

HP Recommended

Can someone tell me what they make of this? My AMD Raedon Software is saying that it is completely up to date but when I go into HP Manager, it is saying that I need to install an AMD graphics driver update. Like, I don't even understand. Should I install the update?

HPupdate.jpg

HP Recommended

If you have installed the newest driver from AMD you should be good. HP manager is only looking at the oem HP drivers which are older than the AMD drivers you already installed.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with zoom and lockdown browser. Seems this laptop has serious issues. All divers are up to date and still while in zoom the speakers will start a loud buzzing needing to reboot the computer. WiFi drops out randomly and the network card would need to be reset, the mic will cut out and not be recognized until reboot. Wasted hundreds of dollars on this laptop and now I am stuck with it.

HP Recommended

Nice nick RCfiddy1- I have an '00 SP1. Great bike.

Sorry to hear about the laptop purchase. I got lucky that mine failed immediately so I was able to return it. Because of limited inventory, there weren't a lot of options so I bought a Pavillion with an Intel processor and it has been good so far. I hope they solve this problem for everyone else soon!

HP Recommended

I am having this issue as well on mine (15M-EE0013DX).  This is completely unacceptable, the main purpose of a convertible like this is for use in telecommunications.  This isn't some cheap walmart laptop, this is supposed to be a premium product.  How is this not a Tier 1 critical issue with a hotfix sent out within a week or 2? If you are not going to fix it you should pull the product from the shelves, this isn't some weird edge case, people can not use your product to do basic computing in the middle of a pandemic that requires many to rely on this for there lively hood.  Also this isn't just zoom, have had this issue with steam's voice chat and discord's voice chat.

HP, DO SOMETHING.

HP Recommended

1 week later, any hp care to respond?  I was planning to purchase a spectre x360 for myself around Christmas time, but after this debacle with my dad's envy x360 I don't intend to buy an hp ever again.  Any update on this issue would go a long ways for us suffering from this.

HP Recommended

The EXACT same thing is happening to me.  Works for about 20 minutes and then does the screeching sound.  I've recorded the sound and the only way to make it all stop is to power down.  It is super frustrating!  It's clearly an issue with this specific laptop.

HP Recommended

This is clearly an issue that's common and can likely be solved with some programming on the HP side.  My experience is identical to others' with this laptop and no one else I know is having Zoom issues.   Can this issue please be escalated?   It's unacceptable that my phone works better on Zoom than my laptop.   Zoom told me it was likely a compatibility issue and to reach out to HP.  Acknowledging and fixing the issue is the only way to recoup your reputation at this point.  A warranty replacement clearly isn't going to solve the problem either.  How can I help with escalating the issue?!?  

HP Recommended

I am having the same problems. I thought It was just webex but discovered it’s happening with zoom as well. I even called in so I could hear and participate but eventually came to that horrible screeching noise. I have to use my iPad for zoom calls. Seems kind of silly. Wonder if HP will do anything about this. I had a Pavillion that worked wonderfully for years. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.