Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 17-cb1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have seen this same problem everywhere and it seems nobody is able to provide any solution.

Obviously there's some sort of conflict in a Windows 10 update that doesn't allow the correct sound drivers for the proudly stamped "BANG & OLUFSEN" hardware to function correctly. Most responses from HP on here suggest downloading the drivers from https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/laptops but none of them work. I've literally tried them all, with different compatibility settings and all sorts. I've been trying since I bought this laptop for £2,000 back in April and they all say they are not supported with the operating system. When speaking to support on the phone they said HP have been having problems with audio drivers for a long time now and there's nothing they can do.

Any ideas how I can fix this or receive compensation for being sold a product that is not as advertised and cannot function properly?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Sreenname230856 

Firstly all B&O functions are included on the Audio Software/Driver. Now please perform a clean install Audio software/driver, this should help.

(a) Download the following driver and save on your computer,
                https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp111001-111500/sp111263.exe

(b) Go to Device Manager, Sound to uninstall sound driver (Realtek) and reboot,
   (c) Right click downloaded file and select Run as administrator,
   (d) Reboot again.

To open functions such as Equalizer, Custom sounds ... you have to

(a) Hit Win key,

(b) Go to HP Audio Control

You can play around with all available options/settings to suite your ears.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi Banhien, thanks for the rapid response.

I tried this already for a few times today and tried once again just now following your specific instructions. But HP Audio Control was not installed.

Upon opening the downloaded file as administrator, the files were extracted to the hard drive and then a cmd window displayed saying "waiting for 4,3,2,1,0 seconds..." and then repeated this line many times until the window closed itself. I then rebooted but no HP Audio Control could be found.

It seems like an installer wizard should probably appear after the files are extracted to the hard drive but I just get the cmd prompt. With some other previous versions of the drivers a cmd prompt appears with "access denied".

HP Recommended

I got the same exact problem, as well as several other HP customers, judging from these boards. How is HP not addressing this issue with a proper driver update? So disappointing. Any way to carry this problem over to the software developers so that this problem is addressed?

HP Recommended

I've just recorded this demonstration between a 2 year old £600 laptop and my new £2,000 HP Omen 17 

https://youtu.be/GDWJQtBJKoY

@Banhien can we please get a comprehensive response to my initial question?

On the left, a laptop I bought for about £600 2 years ago On the right, a brand new £2,000 HP Omen - "OMEN by HP Laptop 17-cb1xxx" I have spent months trying to get the audio drivers installed but there is still no solution. It seems a while ago a Windows update has created some sort of conflict ...
HP Recommended

I feel you, one hundred percent. Made a test like this myself, with my hp pavillon g6 from 2013, speakers are so much more powerful than the B&O of the Omen I bought 2 months ago, on which I need subtitles to watch videos cause I can't hear what is being said.

How do we bring this to attention of the driver developers? Any HP employee reading this?

HP Recommended

I'm guessing they just don't know how to fix it. Maybe even it's something malicious with Microsoft. Either way it's looking like a court summons at this point, they probably won't even show up.
Today I opened video editing software and it immediately came up with an error stating it couldn't detect audio hardware. I wonder if there's any goodwill left on Bang & Olufsen's owner's balance sheet?

HP Recommended

Also the mic doesn't work. In fact pretty much all programs attempting to detect audio fail and require work to enable sound

HP Recommended

Guy's.. I've emailed all the addresses I can find. I've asked many times about this and had no response whatsoever. I have left a review which was never published on the manufacturers' website,  So I'm going to present this case to legal and media for myself and all others who have purchased these laptops that are not as described and don't actually work properly.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.