Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15-eh0000 (9WD45AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

As soon as I upgraded my Windows to Windows 11 (the day this patch launched), my laptop's speakers stopped responding. They are, in fact, working and I hear the sounds, but they're always on maximum volume, no matter how loud I want them to be. They only work as usual when I plug my headphones or other devices in. I've reported this problem to the Microsoft center multiple times, adding to that Bluetooth random disappearance from the system itself (it was fixed somehow just a few days after), but nothing has changed ever since. After talking to the Microsoft support center, we came to the conclusion that it is the problem with my laptop. Can this be even fixed? I love my laptop and surely did nothing bad to it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey guys! The problem I described here was fixed pretty fast! Basically, you need to check whether your Windows patch is completely installed (the person who helped me said that Windows 11 is lagging and crashing, so it's normal for it to be installed only partly) and check your drivers inside the program, not just by going to the settings. My Windows 11 was installed again (yes, I lost some of my files, but that was worth it, so save everything you won't be able to return). After installation, my speakers started working correctly, but they crashed again two times, so check the sound drivers again and again. It's been more than a month since I did it and everything is just fine now 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hey

I had the same problem, many HP agents tried to helped me, but didnt managed to solved it. Until I was lucky and an agent named Gary Perez helped me and solved it. Now I know how to do it, if you need help let me know.

HP Recommended

Hi! Thank you so much for the reply 🙂 I will definitely keep in mind that I can ask for your advice, but I think it's safer for me to go to the repair center since my laptop has been acting quite weird lately. I'm afraid my complaints will only bother you at this point.

HP Recommended

Hi Emily,

I have the same issue with my laptop sound. Could you please share the fix the agent told you. Thanks

HP Recommended

Hey 

Can you give me your email so I can send you the steps?

HP Recommended

Email : [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Hello

I have the same issue, sorry to bother you but can you please send me the steps too? Here's my email, [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Hi Emily,

I cant post personal information here, the website doesn't allow it. Could you post the method here? thanks

HP Recommended

Hey guys! The problem I described here was fixed pretty fast! Basically, you need to check whether your Windows patch is completely installed (the person who helped me said that Windows 11 is lagging and crashing, so it's normal for it to be installed only partly) and check your drivers inside the program, not just by going to the settings. My Windows 11 was installed again (yes, I lost some of my files, but that was worth it, so save everything you won't be able to return). After installation, my speakers started working correctly, but they crashed again two times, so check the sound drivers again and again. It's been more than a month since I did it and everything is just fine now 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello. i have same prolem with my HP laptop, can you help me how to repair the sound . thank you very much and good day to you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.