Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Yes, I believe the HP Laptop (the one I reluctantly own, Pavilion dv6000 ) are poor designs and HP only wants your money not your happiness. I cannot record sound on my laptop because when I installed a new hard drive, I did not want to install Vista, this left me with a partially usable laptop. I have sound, just not a functioning sound card that I can record with.

The whole reason for owning this model was for the graphics and sound, and it has been the worst computer I have ever owned, bar none. I will never purchase another HP product and will counsel my friends and anyone else against doing so. It is my opinion, through experience with the company and its products, that your money is all that matters to HP, quality, honesty, customer service, do not seem to be part of their business plan.

I am not sure if it is part of HP's customer care plan, but the only way to get the drivers I need for this laptop appears to be through a third party program which is free until you actually want to install the drivers, then it costs $30.00 with no guarantees; where is the honest support from HP? It is not as though I am going to get the drivers and abuse the code, I own the hardware, I just need the software to run it.

I am looking for an audio driver for my sound card for a Pavilion dv6000 running Windows 7.  I believe HP should have this available for their customers for no charge, at one time they had them online. I wonder if Apple users have this problem?

Do not get me started on their printers and the price they charge for ink!  

HP Recommended

My hp laptop sound not work.

HP Recommended

hi, i am having the same problem. my laptop OS wasnot able to detect the sound device(basically no sound , same media not found error) and then one day all of a sudden it started working but this last for only few hrs and it was back to "media not found error". what was the fix for error ?

PS: i know ur post is 2 years old i trying my luck..

HP Recommended

reverting to the generic hd audio driver works for a bit but it eventually cuts out.

HP Recommended

So is it a software problem or the hardware one?

HP Recommended

My sound words here and there. Sometimes, it works just enough to whet my appetite. I heard so many people had sound problems that asked HP to do a recall. No recall. This is the third hp I've owned. Never ever again. I'm already telling people to bypass HP. I'm selling mine and getting an Apple instead.

HP Recommended

Tell me about HP.

Had problems with my DV6529em battery when laptop was still very new.

HP wouldn't replace despite having a recall on the battery range.

Two of my USBs stopped stopped working;

My Media card also stopped working;

Now my sound card hasn't been working for almost 6 months - solution in sight. And I am not the only one. THat's a cardinal error for me. Separating me from my music??? No more friends.

Next laptop an HP - NO WAY Jose!!! No!!! No!!! No!!!

HP Recommended

the first thing u need to do is install the conexant high definition audio driver.then go to device manger and update the driver u have previously installed.Also make sure you restart you computer at each point it asked you too as this is very vital in if it will work or not 

HP Recommended

Sounds like this is a real problem for many.  Is there a real fix?

HP Recommended

Same problem. I have been experiencing this problem for six years. Still no solution. My last choice is to use an external sound card.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.