Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv7-2277cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,
Ever since upgarding to windows 10, the IDT audio software have gone flat.
All options are not functional and the sound output have been flat.

The pre-loaded settings are now gone.
I've tried searching for update from the system but it says it is up to date.
I've disabled the audio driver and re-instated it.

I've searched for the IDT software update but none found.

My laptop model is:
HP Pavilion dv7-2277cl Entertainment Notebook PC
Serial Number: CNF9476XJT

The IDT Audio Monitor v1.0

Version 1.0.6276.0

Should I roll back to windows 7?

Maybe there just isn't an update to this yet.

Help! The sound is completely flat and the HP triple bass speaker at the bottom seems to be dead.

Rgds,

Vic

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Victorpro: 

The problem you're up against is that Microsoft only supplies drivers with the most basic functionality, and what you really need for FULL functionality in laptops is the specialized drivers written for the specific hardware found in laptops -- and unfortunately, there are no HP Win10 drivers for your laptop.  HP only guarantees Win10 compatibility for machines made after August, 2013. HP does not have any schedule indicating when, or IF, they will be producing drivers for the older machines.

Some driver alternatives you can pursue are listed below ...

You can try using Windows Updates to find drivers from the Microsoft repositories for your device: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03330139

You can also try following the instructions in this thread: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04763435/

If that doesn't yield anything, you should read through this other link:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv6-6000-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/5048664/mo...

If Windows Update doesn't yield new drivers, you can pursue alternative that are described in the linked Microsoft Windows Insider Community thread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-upd...

If you then run into trouble installing drivers through Windows Update, you can try using Microsoft's Windows Update Troubleshooter: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/open-the-windows-update-troubleshooter

Good Luck

========================================================================
If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol; if they helped solve your problem, please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Download the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver VERSION: 6.10.6492.0 from here:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71886.exe

After installing and restarting, Click on show hidden icons (right bottom corner) and click on Control Beats Audio setting and under "Listening Experience" ensure Beats Audio is enabled and adjust the Graphic Equalizer "Custom" settings to your liking..

Please notice that, there is a bug effecting Windows 10 only.. If you enable/disable Beats Audio or make a change to the Graphic Equalizer while you are playing audio, you will not hear the changes until you close and reopen the player..  stopping and starting will not demonstrate the effect..

HP Recommended

Thanks @Simple07 and @WAWood 

I tried that link and reinstalled and reset twice without success.

I wrote to IDT at info@temposemi.com and their reply below.

This opens a whole list of drivers... tried a driver for windows 10, again without success.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Tempo Semi.

These types of issue are best handled by your system manufacture, please contact them directly.

For Win10, please check the following link, if a driver is available you will find it here:
You must use IE6 or higher:

Regards,
Sales Team
HP Recommended

Please notice that Windows 10 has a habit of automatically reinstalling its own drivers back if you do not dekete them..

HP Recommended

Try this:

Go to Device Manager and open Sound, video and game controller and choose High definition sound device, right click and choose Properties  and click on the Driver tab then click on update driver. Click on Browse computer for driver software and choose Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. Click on high definition audio device not the IDT Audio Codec.

I hope this will work.Good Luck.

HP Recommended

Thanks all. 

I've tried everything suggested here.

I've come to the conclusion there will not be an update from IDT or HP.

Until either company provides a new driver for windows 10 for these speakers, the stuffs done here are futile.

The 1 month roll-back to windows 7 has passed, so I'm stuck with windows 10.

I have not found any significant improvement other than a fast start up and a pretty UI.

In fact, I my PC hung which does not happen and media applications are slower.

Many thanks again to all that helped.

Victor Po

HP Recommended

sound does work with this step but you get now EQing and you can't control SRS...

HP Recommended

I was really hopeful with the SP71886 specially when you read here : http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_151294_1

says support for windows 10 64bit but my DV7-3178 still does not work with the IDT control panel. I can't set any equing, none of the SRS settings works. Only volume control and balance. 

IDT high def driver version is now 6.10.6492.0 2013-09-04 where prior this driver pack, it was running an older version that dated back to 2010 and windows would NEVER let me update it.

At least the driver seem updated but not the control center.

That sucks big time, HP does not support those "older" computer. My DV7 is one of the best computer I EVER bought in my consumer life. I've got it since 2009, never failed (beside a drive failule two weeks ago, this is where I realized that my IDT control panel was not working anymore...), it's still rocking specially with an SSD and an 8GB ram update... but now, I'm stuck with poor sound quality and can't take any adventages of the IDT control panel...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.