Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-cd0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Friends,

I bought HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-cd0xxx one month ago. I didn’t test the sound that time so not aware if it was working before or not. I can hear sound from a USB headset or HDMI audio out but not from the internal speaker and audio jack.

I tried HP support assistance but no luck.

Tried uninstalling and installing the device manually but no luck.

Any support will be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@pragyabjain

Thanks for replying. I'd suggest you try re-installing the operating system. Please back-up the data and try these steps -

1) Shutdown the computer.

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.

3) Press F11 once for System Recovery.

4) Choose the Keyboard Layout.

5) Click on Troubleshoot.

6) Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Recovery.

Note: Back-up all your data as System Recovery will delete everything that you had saved or installed on the computer.

Let me know.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@pragyabjain

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the audio.

Don't worry, I'm here to help! To better assist you - Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own before posting here? 

While you respond to that, let's try these steps -

Solution# 1 Run Audio troubleshooter -

1) In Windows, type "Find and fix audio" into Search, or right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
2) Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.

Solution# 2 Re-install the Audio drivers -

1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2) Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
3) Right click on the Audio drivers and click on uninstall.
4) Restart the computer. 

If the issue still persists, try updating the computer -

Solution# 3 Windows Updates troubleshooter -

Click on this link to run Windows Updates troubleshooter.

Solution# 4 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Solution# 5 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the purple "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Asmita,

I teird all except no #3 before posting here and unfortunately none of them worked for me. I am still facing problem of no sound from internal speaker or audio jack (USB headset, bluetooth and HDMI audio is perfect).

I will try for #3 and let you know the outcome. In the mean time if you can provide other solutions as well.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

@pragyabjain

Happy to hear back from you. May I have the product number of the computer? Refer to this link for steps to find the product details. Ensure not to share the serial number, email, phone number, etc.)

Also, try creating a new user account and check -

1) Tap the Windows icon.

2) Select Settings.

3) Tap Accounts.

4) Select Family & other users.

5) Tap "Add someone else to this PC."

6) Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."

7) Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."

😎 Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.

9) Tap the Windows icon.

10) Select the User icon at the upper left corner of the Start menu.

11) Select the new user. You'll then sign into your account with your password from step 8.

Keep me posted. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried sol #3 and it didn't work. I created a new user and test again with the new user but still the problem persist. 

Below are the required details:

HP Pavilion x360 Convertible
Model: 14-cd0003ne
Product: 4MK04EA#ABV

Regards,

Pragya

HP Recommended

@pragyabjain

Thanks for replying. Please download and install the Audio and the BIOS drivers.

Let me know.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Asmita,

I have updated both BIOS and Audio driver but no luck. Internal speaker and audio jack is still not working.

Kindly suggest.

Regards,

HP Recommended

@pragyabjain

Thanks for replying. I'd suggest you try re-installing the operating system. Please back-up the data and try these steps -

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.

3) Press F11 once for System Recovery.

4) Choose the Keyboard Layout.

5) Click on Troubleshoot.

6) Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Recovery.

Note: Back-up all your data as System Recovery will delete everything that you had saved or installed on the computer.

Let me know.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Asmita for your reply. But do I really need to recover the complete system to fix the internal speaker problem. This is somehow a lenghty process with all data loss. Also I need to spend a lot of time to install and configure the remaining softwares.

If there is no other solution than i will give it a try but I am affraid if new windows updates will screw it again after few days.

Regards,

HP Recommended

@pragyabjain

Thanks for replying. Let's try running the audio test on the computer -

3) Press F2 once.

4) Go to Component test.

5) From the list, run the Audio test.

Let me know the outcome. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.