Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brand new notebook having audio crackle and popping issue like for very brief instances there is radio like crackle on laptop speakers and headphones as well.

Issue occurs while playing videos every now and then and occurs at same points in videos, Audio also crackles if i keep hitting volume level button quickly.

All drivers like audio, BIOS etc are have been updated and have tried multiple other steps after reading the forums, but of no use.

Audio Controllers

Conexant ISST Audio Device

Intel Display Audio

Please support in this regard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I had issues with hp provided audio drivers (dissapearing sound device, loss of sound), you should uninstall the conexant drivers and revert to the generic ones in windows which work just fine, also windows update in windows 10 forcefully installs device drivers and among them are audio drivers...

Also:

- high volume levels create distortions

- high system load or malfunctioning device drivers may cause audio stuttering - you can check this with latencymon

I own two Probooks 450 g3 and i did not hear popping, crackle or hissing ever, especially on my headsets.

You probably have a defective mainboard...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can you check?

• Press Windows key + X.
  • Click on Control Panel.
  • Double-Click on the Sound Icon and click on Speakers.
  • Click on Properties.
  • Click on Enhancements Tab.
  • Now click "Disable All Sound Effects"
  • Click OK and check if issue persists.

Regards,

ichi

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

HI ichi730!

Just tried your suggestion but it didnt work.

It seems that sound crackle is caused at certain frequencies e.g during video  playback someone talks loudly then i hear slight radio hiss/ sound crackle.

Issue is observed both for speakers and headphones....

HP Recommended

Hi Omer84,

Kindly try the steps here if the steps above did not work

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/8543365/model/8903631/document/c049731...

Note: I am fully aware that you are calling about a Probook computer. The steps mentioned above applies for all hp computers.

Regards,

ichi

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

Hi ichi730

I did as per the attached link but problem still persists.

Also the link is about no audio while my issue is hiss, crackle sound whenever there is playback interrruption or at specific points during media playback.

HP Recommended

I had issues with hp provided audio drivers (dissapearing sound device, loss of sound), you should uninstall the conexant drivers and revert to the generic ones in windows which work just fine, also windows update in windows 10 forcefully installs device drivers and among them are audio drivers...

Also:

- high volume levels create distortions

- high system load or malfunctioning device drivers may cause audio stuttering - you can check this with latencymon

I own two Probooks 450 g3 and i did not hear popping, crackle or hissing ever, especially on my headsets.

You probably have a defective mainboard...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.