Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I'm having a real issue with my speakers after trying to plug in an HDMI to connect to my second screen. All the audio has stopped coming out of the speakers but the headphones work.

Below is all the methods I have done thus far:

- I used the HP support app and tested audio. Didnt work so I pressed to repair audio and it worked for about 5 minutes before the speakers stop working

- I have updated windows to the newest version - didn't do any change

- I updated the HP drivers and it started to work, but had the same issue as the first idea with it not working after 5 minutes

- I hard reset the whole machine back to factory settings, I hope this would of worked but still the audio only works for a few minutes before not working at all.

My headphones work when I plug them in so I assume it's something to do with the speakers themselves. When they do play sound for the first few minutes it works fine so it has to be a software issue I assume. 

I figured out it works until the machine goes in to sleep mode. When I wake it up the issue comes back.

Any help is really appreciated. This a new machine supplied by my new job and it's stressing me out! 

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
I think I've found a fix for the problem. I have turned off audio enhancements in the advanced audio settings. Only tested it for 10 minutes but for now all seems

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.