Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cc035na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm on Windows 10 version 2004 and I wanted to update the Realtek Audio Driver published by the HP security bulletin team. However when I attempt to update the driver I get "error 0001 - missing driver package?".

I have attached a photo below of what driver I am trying to install.

hz01_0-1602624844461.png

This can be accessed from: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-cc000-laptop-pc/15551391/model/17107135/bulletin...

I've had to revert back to an older version: SP88075 from 2018!

Has the latest driver packaged published by HP SP103883 not been packaged correctly and is anybody experiencing the same issue?

Thanks for reading

Thanks,
-hz01
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@hz01

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

No new updates available. 

hz01_1-1602870920252.png

The support app doesn't seem to pull driver updates published from the security advisory tables shown below:

hz01_2-1602870941019.png

My assumption is that provided driver file shown in the above screenshot doesn't have the correct audio driver packaged up to mitigate this security vulnerability in the older drivers published for my device.

Thanks,
-hz01
HP Recommended

Try reinstall the Realtek Driver from Device Manager

- Select the Start  button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Audio Input & Output Adapters and expand the List
- Look for Audio driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the Audio driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Keep me posted

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is the latest driver shown for my machine: 

hz01_0-1602949798687.png

Not sure if this version I have installed above mitigates the vulnerability shown below though: 

hz01_1-1602949925285.png

Thanks,
-hz01
HP Recommended

If a SoftPaq Link becomes invalid, check the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads site to obtain the latest update for your product model.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

The Softpaq link for the security bulletin is downloadable however it fails when I attempt to install the new audio driver with the error I described in my initial post.

For my laptop there is no newer driver than 2018 however the security bulletin, I have shown you above for my device is conflicting with this statement:

hz01_0-1603208186471.png

Thanks,
-hz01
HP Recommended

Yep, I'm having the same issue. HP Envy 13 - since new driver install I have no sound on speakers, HDMI or headphones. What a joke?! HP please fix asap. None of the trouble shooters etc work

HP Recommended

Thank you for keeping me posted

Please contact HP Support in your region and our HP Tech should be able to remote into your Notebook and sort this out

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you however I won't be going down the support route as I do have sound working: the issue lies with the Softpaq driver package in which HP have released located here: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp103501-104000/sp103883.exe to mitigate this security vulnerability https://support.hp.com/gb-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-cc000-laptop-pc/15551391/model/17107135/document...

When attempting to install the provided Softpaq package the installation wizard will first remove the older version of Realtek Audio driver, restart and then attempt to install the driver package but it is at this stage, the wizard fails with error 001 driver package not found. Which says to me that the published Softpaq package by HP didn't include the driver files for my machine or have somehow gotten corrupted when being published to consumers that have laptops similar to myself.

If you are able to rely this thread to the appropriate HP Security Bulletin so that they can investigate - that would be most useful to resolve this issue here. 

Thanks,
-hz01
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.