Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Chromebook 14 (14-ca021nr)
Chrome OS

Can the headphone port of the 14-ca021nr effect simultaneous two-channel input and two-channel output?

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

@GeneralInfo, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The audio port present is a headphone/microphone combo. It supports 2 channel input/output.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

KUMAR0307, thank you for responding.

Might you be able to recommend purchase sources of a cable that facilitates simultaneous two-channel input and two-channel output via the port?

HP Recommended

@GeneralInfo

You can visit a local electronics shop or order it online. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar0307, my first thought seems to be to check RadioShack.com. Might you be able to identify there examples of the type of cable that will facilitate simultaneous two-channel input and two-channel output via the Chromebook headphone port?

HP Recommended

@GeneralInfo

It is a regular 3.5mm jack to which you may either connect speakers or a microphone. For example, a headphone or an earphone.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar0307:

Your apparent use of the word "either" seems to suggest to me that a misunderstanding might have occurred. When I asked whether the headphone port could effect simultaneous two-channel input and two-channel output, I seem to have been referring to simultaneous use thereof. Your comments seem reasonably interpreted as suggesting that the headphone port could effect simultaneous two-channel input and two-channel output. However, the apparent use of "either" in your most recent post seems to suggest that simultaneous use of two-channel input and two-channel output is not facilitated by the headphone port in question. Perhaps re-wording the question might be helpful. Might you consider clarifying whether the headphone port in question can simultaneously input a two-channel signal while outputting a two-channel signal?

HP Recommended

@GeneralInfo

Find below the image of a 2-channel cable that is compatible with a 3.5mm port on the Notebook.

Again, this port supports 2-channel input and output. As mentioned in the previous post, a headphone/earphone is a 2-channel device(Both input and output). You may also connect 2-channel speakers(L and R) to this port but it will only be an output device.

Alternatively, you may use the cable as shown in the above image, and connect both the devices simultaneously. This depends on the type of device you have and would like to connect to the port.

I hope this answers your query.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar0307:

The Kingtop image seems to help clarify my understanding of your message. Perhaps my providing an image will help further. The image below seems to be of a stereo microphone, apparently therefore, a two-channel input.Olympus ME-51S Stereo Microphone - 20200719.jpg

If (a) the cable in your provided image, for example, is inserted into the Chromebook's 3.5mm headphone port, (b) a stereo headphone is inserted into the female "headphone" connector of "Cable (a)", and (c) a stereo microphone such as that pictured above is inserted into the female "microphone" connector of "Cable (a)", will the stereo input of the stereo microphone be preserved in the stereo earbuds or will the stereo input of the microphone be reduced to mono?

HP Recommended

@GeneralInfo

Yes, this setup should work fine. Make sure to use a good quality 2-channel splitter cable.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.