Post new question
Question
Headphone & Microphone Combo Audio Jack
Replies (23)

Intern
Message 21 of 24 (1,981 Views)

Re: Headphone & Microphone Combo Audio Jack

Hmm I have a similar problem, on my p108tx, when I plug any microphone into the single Out/In audio port it will not detect it, UNLESS I first plug an extension in... Weird... I had HP support look at it and they said nothing was wrong, this problem occurs in windows 8 and windows 10, it occurs with 6 seperate microphones (I even went as far as to test it with one of my drum kit's microphones which works fine on phone and other computer) Maybe it's a power requirement issue?

Intern
Message 22 of 24 (1,964 Views)

Lemagex,

Been there done that;  The real problem is HP no longer know's right from wrong lol. The only way they will understand that there is an "audio" problem is when they have no customers. I think they should have stayed with two separate "stereo" audio jacks.  However the extra cost would have put their product at a cost dis-advantage. Another problem is the audio equalizer seems to cause more problems that it's worth. In short I think marketing is now running HP not engineer's.

Ham123

Student
Message 23 of 24 (1,351 Views)

What do you mean when you say extension?

Top Student
Message 24 of 24 (1,084 Views)

It seems there are TWO standards for 4-ring jacks:

From the tip, one has

Left - Right - Mic - Earth

and one has

Left - Right - Earth - Mic

Both are on sale on the web. 

Which does HP use?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation