Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy TS 17 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have faced this problem just last month. What happens is I am using my notebook as per usual, when I used it again the audio wasn't working. I can see that the volume mixer is working perfectly fine, green bars of audio level are visible indicating sound is working but I still don't get any audio. Last time I fixed the issue by completely formatting my C drive and installing Windows 10 from a bootable drive. This time I don't want to go through that hassle again. 

This time I have checked the Device Manager and found High Defition Audio Device with the yellow marker. The error it is giving is,

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.

Please if anyone can help me I will be utterly grateful because I don't want to reinstall my windows once again.

Many Thanks,

Saad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help but I have solved it.

All it required was a hard reset and I will be sure to keep that in mind the next time.

Many Thanks for trying to help out.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Have you tried right clicking it and Uninstall? Next,  "Scan for hardware changes".

Btw-have you checked your model's Support page for Windows 10 drivers?

Get your full Model number or Product number from the Service Tag attached to bottom of laptop (may be under battery)> https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Once you have the info, use the button at top of this page titled "Support", then click "Software and Drivers" from the menu. On the next page enter your Model Number. After entering  click 'Find my product' button. On the next page be sure correct OS is selected-if not click Change to edit .A list will populate with drivers/software.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Yes I have tried unistalling it. It just reinstalls automatically and still has the yellow marker.

I already have the IDT High Definition Audio driver installed that is available on the support page. For an extra measure I uninstalled the current driver and installed it again from the support page but still there is no audio.

I have also attached a photo for better understanding. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Audio.png

HP Recommended

Have you installed Intel Graphics as well as Nvidia? The Intel driver includes the HD audio driver.

What is the Product Number of your Envy?

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Sorry didn't read your message and went to sleep.

I did install the Intel Graphics driver but it still doesn't work. 

I finally got tired of trying to find a solution so I decided to reinstall my windows as previouly that trick worked. Unfortunately this time even after installing all the proper drivers my sound is still not working. The sound mixer shows sound is being produced but unfortunately no sound.

I am starting to believe this may be a hardware problem not a software problem. Thoughts?

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help but I have solved it.

All it required was a hard reset and I will be sure to keep that in mind the next time.

Many Thanks for trying to help out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.