Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you are having hardware issues with your computer, please, Click here for more information.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi. I had a hissing or static sound coming from my laptop speakers so I tried the simple methods of updating the drivers,bios or by simply using the method of taking out the laptop battery but It didn't work. So I decided to reinstall a clean Windows 7 to find out the source of the problem. To my surprise, I did not hear the hissing sound at all but when i updated to the latest "IDT High Definition Audio" driver, the hissing sound came back. The driver that didn't have the hissing sound, apparently does not have the "beats audio control panel" which is probably the main reason for this and this is the default driver which I got when I installed windows. So is there anyway to use the beats audio control panel and not get the hissing sound with a driver? By the way i posted about this problem already but I have now found out the main source as It was the audio driver itself that is causing it but I still want to use the beats audio control panel. Please Help.

Laptop Model: Pavilion dv6-7010us

Driver I am using now(Higher Definition Audio Device): 6.1.7600.16385                             Date:2009-07-13

Driver that causes the hissing sound(IDT High Definiton Audio Device): 6.10.6418.0       Date:2012-07-24

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

I'd completely agree with the solution by CherylG on your Previous Thread that this is a hardware issue and you should either get the machine replaced by the retailer ( if the time period still allows this ) or to get it repaired under warranty.

The only procedure you may want to try first is a facory reset - there are Three main ways to restore your notebook to its 'Factory Condition' - see the document on the relevant link below.

Performing An HP System Recovery - Windows 7.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Check to see if Your microphone has been enabled! disable microphone should solve problem. Need to check often to see if enabled, because I doubt it was enabled by anybody You know, but by laptop manufacture, software, or even updates!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.