cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How can you remove conexant HD audio and replace with something better?

HP Spectre x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The audio on my HP Spectre x 2 is horrible. I have chatted online and over the phone with HP and after updating the audio driver and BIOS several times the audio is still horrible. I can barely hear anything even when playing a youtube video - and the speakers are on 100%!

I think the problem is the crappy conexant HD/ISST audio because I had a HP Pavillion laptop and the audio on that was superior.

Is there are way of removing the conexant crap and replacing it with something better?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
20,417 20,362 1,875 4,498
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

nicolast64

I don't know why you were told to update the BIOS as that would have nothing to do with the quality of the audio.

HP uses a variety of different audio chips in their laptops, so just because the audio is good in one, is no indication it will also be good in others.

Sorry, but the audio chip is soldered to the motherboard inside the laptop and is not replaceable.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.

My audio is very bad and gets better when I uninstall Conexant HD Audio (Which has the HP logo).

But after a restart it comes but automatically and I have the same problem.

Have a look at my post and please let us know how we can disable the automatic installation of this driver.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/I-want-to-get-rid-of-HP-Audio-C...

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation