Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I just bought an m6-1105dx and have been trying to disable this beep as well.  I've changed the Windows sound settings (removed both low battery and critical battery alarm), have edited my power settings so both low and critical battery levels are under 5% and turned the notifications off in the power setting. The beeping still goes off at 12%. The only thing that shuts the alarm off is plugging it into the wall.

I upgraded the firmware to f.12, and I couldn't find any BIOS setting in it (or the previous f.11) that would let me turn off the beep. The computer is basically unuseable in the last 12% -- very frustrating.

HP Recommended

yup, checked the BIOS settings, there's nothing there that seems to be able to help

HP Recommended
After doing some more research, it looks like it is definitely a BIOS beep. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off on the consumer model notebooks, only on some of the business models.
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

hi i have the same problem please hp fix it because i bought this to bring it to school and i cant because of this noise!!!!

HP Recommended

I thought that I had fixed it but I guess I never let it get low enough to beep.  It's still beeping!!!!  I really wish that HP would do something to fix this.  Even if I'm not using the computer, even if the lid is closed it will start beeping.  It's VERY annoying.

HP Recommended
This problem is NOT solved. My laptop STILL beeps when the battery gets low
HP Recommended
I thought this solved my problem but I guess I never let my battery run low enough. My laptop still beeps.
HP Recommended

i'm experiencing this exact problem with an ENVY m6 1184, this is the most annoying feature ever built onto a laptop, ever. nothing helpful is coming out from this discussion board, is hp going to look into the problem because if it is indeed a bios option than I would reallyyyyyyy like to turn it off as it isn't necessary to have two alerts for a single notification. Please HP come up with a solution for this ASAP.

HP Recommended

So, is there an acutal solution? I changed the power settings and it didn't work, I changed the notifications  and it didn't work, and I got rid of the sounds and it didn't work. It even beeps when the battery is in but the laptop is off. I tried changing the Critical % but it wouldn't go lower than 7%.

Is there a solution? Did HP finally come up with a solution like an update? Or are they ignoring us.

If you can help then thank you but you need to remove the Solved tag because it isn't solved.

HP Recommended

no solution sorry i try to contact hp suport and the just ignoring the problem thanks a lot hp!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.