Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skourby
Level 2
15 14 0 5
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

How to change to high performance power plan if it's missing from the power options?

HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to change my power plan in order to improve connection with an audio interface. Every method that I've found online so far, such as creating a new power plan option, going into the registry and changing something called CsEnabled (which no longer exists), using the command prompt, and a others. A similar question said I had to disable Connected Standby, but I'm not sure how to do that.

7 REPLIES 7
praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,490 476 754
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@skourby Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to change the power plan.

What is the product number of your computer? (Ensure you don't share any personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc..). 

Please refer to the below link to change the power plan.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04752217

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
skourby
Author
Level 2
15 14 0 5
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The steps in the article do not work. When I open the power options or try to create a plan, the only setting there is "balanced". When I try to adjust the power plan by going into advanced settings, I am only able to change a few functions instead of all the ones listed.

My product number is 8ST12AV

praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,490 476 754
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@skourby 

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you perform the system reset.

Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.

You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.

• If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.

• If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.

Have a nice day!!

skourby
Author
Level 2
15 14 0 5
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have already preformed a system reset. It did not help.

praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,490 476 754
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@skourby

I understand your concerns. 

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

skourby
Author
Level 2
15 14 0 5
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have already contacted two support agents using the method described. Neither of them were able to help.

praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,490 476 754
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@skourby

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation