cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
cwansart
Level 1
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

How to disable Bang & Olufsen audio filtering on an EliteBook 830 G6?

HP Recommended
EliteBook 830 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an EliteBook 830 G6 which has a Bang & Olufsen audio system. Yesterday I watched a movie and was confused that the sound was so weird and every time someone was speaking the background was not very audible. First I thoght that it is just the speaker of the notebook so I tried different audio devices, but all the the same problem.

I searched this forum and found a lot of threads regarding this issue. Usually they uninstall the Realtek HD Audio in the Device Manager, but I don't have it there.

When I installed Windows I simply ran the Windows 10 Updates over and over again until there was nothing left. That also installed the audio drivers as well as the Bang & Olufsen Audio Control. I tried to install the Realtek audio drivers from the drivers page (here: https://support.hp.com/de-de/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-830-g6-notebook-pc/26609813?ssfFlag=tr...). It worked for some time, but after I plugged in my headphones in the input jack, I had this audio issue on my headphones again.

Is there any way to disable this filtering once and for all?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
95,780 64,494 12,406 21,369
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@cwansart 

Please try to REMOVE Realtek audio and use Conextant Many machines use Conextant

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101001-101500/sp101164.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
cwansart
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Bahnhien,

thanks for the tip. So far it works. I'll test it the next few days and hopefully it won't reset.

This is really strange, I thought the Conextant drivers are for Docks but it seems to work for the integrated speaker of the notebook as well?

Best regards,

cwansart

banhien
Level 19
Level 19
95,780 64,494 12,406 21,369
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@cwansart 

My machine uses Conextant

830 sound.png

That why I recommended

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
cwansart
Author
Level 1
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After a restart the sound is messed up again. Isn't there any way to get rid of this stuff? I mean there should be some sort of switch where I can turn it off, right?

Edit:But I may have found the solution. I found the "Intel Smart Sound Technology" driver activated. I disbaled it and did a few restarts. So far, good sound. And If I understand Intel's website correctly this may be the issue: https://www.intel.de/content/www/de/de/architecture-and-technology/smart-sound-technology.html

I have not idea why there was not a way to disable it...

Edit2: Yeah, great, that disables the internal microphone... Perhaps I'll finde a way to disable this strange feature through the driver. We'll see.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation