Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 830 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an EliteBook 830 G6 which has a Bang & Olufsen audio system. Yesterday I watched a movie and was confused that the sound was so weird and every time someone was speaking the background was not very audible. First I thoght that it is just the speaker of the notebook so I tried different audio devices, but all the the same problem.

I searched this forum and found a lot of threads regarding this issue. Usually they uninstall the Realtek HD Audio in the Device Manager, but I don't have it there.

When I installed Windows I simply ran the Windows 10 Updates over and over again until there was nothing left. That also installed the audio drivers as well as the Bang & Olufsen Audio Control. I tried to install the Realtek audio drivers from the drivers page (here: https://support.hp.com/de-de/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-830-g6-notebook-pc/26609813?ssfFlag=tr...). It worked for some time, but after I plugged in my headphones in the input jack, I had this audio issue on my headphones again.

Is there any way to disable this filtering once and for all?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@cwansart 

Please try to REMOVE Realtek audio and use Conextant Many machines use Conextant

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101001-101500/sp101164.exe

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello @Bahnhien,

thanks for the tip. So far it works. I'll test it the next few days and hopefully it won't reset.

This is really strange, I thought the Conextant drivers are for Docks but it seems to work for the integrated speaker of the notebook as well?

Best regards,

cwansart

HP Recommended

@cwansart 

My machine uses Conextant

830 sound.png

That why I recommended

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

After a restart the sound is messed up again. Isn't there any way to get rid of this stuff? I mean there should be some sort of switch where I can turn it off, right?

Edit:But I may have found the solution. I found the "Intel Smart Sound Technology" driver activated. I disbaled it and did a few restarts. So far, good sound. And If I understand Intel's website correctly this may be the issue: https://www.intel.de/content/www/de/de/architecture-and-technology/smart-sound-technology.html

I have not idea why there was not a way to disable it...

Edit2: Yeah, great, that disables the internal microphone... Perhaps I'll finde a way to disable this strange feature through the driver. We'll see.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.