Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion 15-ak085na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop has Realtek HD Audio drivers with so hated B&O Play sound manager.

B&O.PNG

Question would be how to get back old good Realtek HD Audio Manager?

Realtek-HD-Audio-Drivers.jpg

Thanks for replys.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @andriuskarpas,

I reviewed the super quick post. Thanks for the response. You've done some outstanding and fabulous troubleshooting to correct the situation. 🙂 hats off to you for that. 🙂 Brilliant effort.:) 

You've been simply fabulous to work with, considering your technical expertise and exhaustive technical skills. 🙂  It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. 

I honestly hope the issue gets resolved and the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. 🙂

The older version of the driver was given only because the new version has Bang and Olufsen audio manager packed with it.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @andriuskarpas,

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! 🙂 Good day.  I understand that you are looking for assistance to disable bang and Olufsen sound manager. It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you. 🙂

You’ve done a fabulous job by describing the situation perfectly and diagnosing the issue correctly. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂  You are an important HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. We greatly value your relationship with HP and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better, I would require more information regarding this.

• Did it come preinstalled with the computer or did it pop up after an update to the audio drivers?
     perform these steps:
  • Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers. Please check the box that says delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and check again.
  • You should have no sound now.

Then install the original audio driver from recovery manager using this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04762483

This should do the trick of you.

I found other form threads to disable Bang and Olufsen that could be helpful.

I will share them with you.

Link 1: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/How-to-disable-Bang-amp-Olufsen-horrible-audio-correc...

Link 2: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/How-to-disable-Bang-amp-Olufsen-horrible-audio-correct...

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. I'm always there to assist you. Please reach out anytime. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey David.

B&O Play sound manager is preinstalled by default so i dont think intalling drivers back via recovery manager will be a fix for my problem as i will get back B&O. 🙂 

HP Recommended

Hi @andriuskarpas,

I reviewed the super quick response. So the option would be is to uninstall the drivers completely from device manager including deleting the software.

Then download the Realtek audio drivers from this link: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_151411_1

Or try the manufacturer’s website after checking the exact audio driver for Realtek in device manager and writing it down. You need to search for this driver on the Realtek page.

Link: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&Down...

Please check the other 2 links and if it is alright to have Microsoft High definition audio driver you should check the other 2 links mentioned in the previous post.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. I'm always there to assist you. Please reach out anytime. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you David, the drivers you provided via link works perfect after all version of audio drivers are removed from windows driver store and i get back old realtek HD audio manager. All seems to work good untill you want to update drivers as your ones are made in 2015. So if i go update drivers from via driver update i get back drivers made in 2016 and B&O as well, if i go and install drivers dorectly form realteck website, made in 2017 i get B&Q back as everything is tied to windows update server driver store. 

The fix would be to get updated driver package with old ha audio manager in it, install it and in pilocy settings to set up forbid device installation by device ID. 

If you have a link to newer driver this would be superb and i could play a bit more 🙂 

At the moment im staying with B&O Play manager and new 2017 drivers.

Regards.

HP Recommended

Hi @andriuskarpas,

I reviewed the super quick post. Thanks for the response. You've done some outstanding and fabulous troubleshooting to correct the situation. 🙂 hats off to you for that. 🙂 Brilliant effort.:) 

You've been simply fabulous to work with, considering your technical expertise and exhaustive technical skills. 🙂  It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. 

I honestly hope the issue gets resolved and the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. 🙂

The older version of the driver was given only because the new version has Bang and Olufsen audio manager packed with it.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @andriuskarpas,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. 🙂 You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.  

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

david your link is not working please provide new link

HP Recommended

litsen music

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.