Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp envy 15t-J000 model no. C8P47AAR
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

hi to All HP Team

i have laptop envy 15t-J000 Quad edition Model no. (C8P47AAR) , every thing was ok and great , i and my battery become not able to power up the laptop , so i go to get another one , but when install any other new battery , the laptop shut down after two or one minute from it self , my intel bios version was F.66 , so i upgraded to F.69A and the laptop accepted the battery , but after short time , when i playing video or song , the sound muted from it self and the laptop little bit freeze but continue working without sound , noted that the sound icon is not muted , so i restart and sound works again and muted from it self,

i try to install anther windows 8.1 64 bit an windows 10 64 BiT also , also i try all sound drivers from hp and Microsoft that you can imagine,   also same problem , i follow the troubleshooting of the windows and hp with no results , i also remove the battery and press and hold the PWR button fro almost 1 min , with no results , i try to downgrade to bios F.68 to keep the battery working , the hp diagnostic from bios menu says : unable to open bios signature file , i use windows key + b to try to roll back the screen black and no progress , i try to reinstall bios f.69A again it installed successfully , but the audio problem is the same , noted that i use Bluetooth speakers it works well , with no problem. that means its beats audio speakers.

please give me alternate method to downgrade to F.68 or load new bios version to overcome this problem , and if u have another solution , please helppppppp and give me e-mail to hp technical support.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@alpha_theprince Welcome to HP Forums Community!

If the hard reset doesn't work you will need to update the Audio drivers (Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver) from the HP website.

Once you get to that page type your product # in (If you don't know what your product # is or where it's located on the notebook Here is a video which will show you exactly where to find it.) > Click search > Select the option " Software & Driver Downloads " > Choose your Operating System > Click next after Selecting Operating System > Scroll down and click the + (plus) next to "Driver-Audio"> Then you want to select the latest version by checking the date on each download> Then run it.  Now test the sound after the install. 

Also, please try using Recovery Manager to reinstall the IDT HD Audio Driver if the steps above don't work.
The procedure for using the recovery manager to reinstall Software and Drivers is detailed in the document here

Also, for steps on how to recover BIOS (HP Guidelines) - Click here

If you haven't used the OEM version of windows when reinstalling it, please order a recovery media and use that instead: Click here for details.

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

problem did not solved , please as an hp employ please give me new bios version , or give me effective solution to rollback old bios version and overcome ( unable to open file signature) , and i will not buy  any hp product again , please solve my problem or give me the technical support mail.

HP Recommended

@alpha_theprince I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i send to you model no. and S/N. waiting for you reply ASAP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.