Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 15-dw2656cl

I need to talk to a real person.  Virtual support tells me my warranty expired in May, but I have submitted my purchase receipts that show I purchased this computer in July 2020 and should still be under warranty.  I have a case number but don't know how to contact anyone to use it.  My tech skills are around zero, so I keep going in circles trying to get help.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello @Karon4 

If you have Windows 11:

Update audio driver

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver - Ice Lake

6.0.9198.1 Rev.A552.6 MBAug 27, 2021Download

If you have Windows 10:

Update audio driver

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver - Ice Lake

6.0.8924.1 Rev.A521.7 MBDec 21, 2020Download

Reboot and test again ...

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for trying to help.  I did the download and restarted my computer but it still says no audio device is installed.  

HP Recommended

Hello @Karon4 

> I did the download and restarted my computer ...

You have to doubleclick the downloaded files to start the drivers installation.

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

I double clicked, it showed it was downloading, I opened the file when it told me to, allowed the app to make changes, accepted the license agreement and restarted my computer.  It still says no audio devices found.  

Thanks again for trying to help.

HP Recommended

Hello @Karon4 

sorry, I posted a wrong video before.

Your problem is audio.

Download and install HP Support Assistant:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/help/hp-support-assistant

Run and check for all updates and do the audio check, please.

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

I think maybe a glass of wine might work better than tea.  LOL    I will have to watch the video from another device since this one doesn't have sound.  I will go try that right now and let you know how it works out.  This is really way above my pay grade.  Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hello @Karon4 

>This is really way above my pay grade.

My support is free, only time/wine consuming for you ... 😋

Good luck

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Hello @Karon4 

sorry, I posted a wrong video before.

Your problem is audio.

Download and install HP Support Assistant:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/help/hp-support-assistant

Run and check for all updates and do the audio check, please.

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

So glad you rescued me from that YouTube video.  I was having trouble wading through all of it.  I have now downloaded the support assistant and restarted my computer.  I clicked on the audio button in the bar at the bottom of the computer and got the Windows audio or sound troubleshooter.  I allowed that to proceed with diagnostics and it still says it can't find the audio device.    

Thanks. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.