Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17-j102tx Leap Motion
Other

Hi! I recently upgraded my OS to Windows 10 using the Microsoft Free Upgrade Service. Before doing this I was cleaning my PC of unnecessary software and accidentally uninstalled IDT HD Audio Driver which also removed the Beats Audio Interface. I then went to the HP Website (after upgrading my OS) and it scanned my products and found I had this software and the Intel MEI Software missing. I then tried to download these software. When I tried to do this it said Windows 10 USERS had ONLY 1 SOFTWARE AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!!! This software is the Realtek Card Reader Driver. Does this mean I won't be able to get the driver?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!! Please help! :catfrustrated:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Maya556z, welcome to the forum.

You will have to try the driver for Win 8.1 to see if it works.  As you noted, the driver for the Audio is not available for Win 10.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Maya556z, welcome to the forum.

You will have to try the driver for Win 8.1 to see if it works.  As you noted, the driver for the Audio is not available for Win 10.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Definitely try the 8.1 drivers, but be prepared to use an older version, not the latest. I had issues with my Elitebook 840 and had to use a driver from 2013: Here's how to choose a different driver:

Go to Device Manager, expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers and double click the IDT High Definitiion Audio CODEC. On the Driver tab, click Update Driver... On the next screen, choose "Browse my computer", then "Let me pick..."

If you have it (hopefully) choose the 6.10.6491.0 driver (08/16/2013). If not, maybe you can find the older driver on the support site.

Not guaranteeing this will work for you, but I had success.

HP Recommended

Helo my freind,

So how did you end up finding the software in your system?

HP Recommended

I use Windows 8.1 IDT Driver for Windows 10 for my HP 450 G0, it works while playing games or watching offline movies. However, it doesn't work while watching YouTube, and using Groove Music/WMP. In the end, I have to uninstall IDT driver, and wait for the Official IDT Driver for Windows 10 :Crying:

HP Recommended

One of the things I've had to do is reinstall my old windows 7 beside windows 10 to solve alot of driver/software issues while we wait to get the updates/drivers from first party providers. Losing the IDT is one of those I did this with already. Good Luck. Hit me up if you do not find the dual os support page at ms to install 2nd os.

HP Recommended

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/idt-high-definition-a...

1. Select IDT High Definition Audio CODEC on Device Manager.
  2. Select Driver tab.
  3. Click Update Driver... button.
  4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.
  5. Select -> Let me pickup a list of device drivers on my computer.
  6. Select High Definition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... this is important.) and click Next. Appears Warning message, but reply Yes.
  7. ! Windows has successfully update your driver software.

Key is step 6.

HP Recommended

Thanks, worked great!

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot lintawej168, worked great on my hp 2560p! Sound quality was miserable with the windows 8.1 idt driver, now I like to listen to the music again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.