Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 360x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When playing a Youtube video or iTunes, sound will play for a couple seconds then stop or sound will play intermittently. When I hover over the speaker icon in the tooltray, it's flashing like the system has two competing drivers. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek HD Audio driver from the HP website multiple times to no avail. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you  - I was able to return the computer for a refund.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Toola

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, you're having intermittent sound issues,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

What is the product number?

When was the last time it worked fine?

Are you facing problem only on YouTube and iTunes?

Are you able to play videos from other websites?

Have you tried playing video from any player (Windows Media Player)?

Have you tried using another web browser? 

If not, I suggest you try using another web browser. 

Once I have the information, I'll help you further with troubleshooting steps,

Keep me posted,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers!

HP Recommended

What is the product number? 

• Model # is 15M-BP111D. No idea where the product number is listed. 

When was the last time it worked fine?

• The day I bought it, March 9th 2018.

Are you facing problem only on YouTube and iTunes?

• Anything that plays sounds, aside from testing the speakers. That works. But the drivers are very confused and constantly checking to see if they should be used. That seems to be where the problem lies.

Are you able to play videos from other websites?

• No

Have you tried playing video from any player (Windows Media Player)?

• No. I don't use the media player, it's junk.

Have you tried using another web browser? 

• Yes. I've tried Edge, Firefox, Chrome, and IE10

I took the computer back to the store. They fixed it for a day, there was an graphics card with an audio driver that was competing with the other sound drivers. Disabling the graphics card with the audio driver worked until a windows update. The problem is back after a windows update. It is unreasonable to have to disable random drivers to get sound after every update, which appears to be the only solution.

I will be returning the HP product to the store for a refund while I still can. Please reconsider the amount of bloatware HP installs in it's retail products, the computers get very confused.

HP Recommended

@Toola

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

HP Recommended

Thank you  - I was able to return the computer for a refund.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.