Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ap0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In my sound control panel, I no longer see anything that refers to my internal microphone...even when I select to "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices."

I can see the Realtek(R) Audio microphone in that list, but this only appears to reflect the "right panel 3.5 mm jack" (when I look at its properties), and not the internal microphone.

I've looked in the Device Manager, and under "Sound, video and game controller," there are only two devices that seem relevant.

1. Intel(R) Display Audio
  2. Intel(R) Smart Sound technology (Intel (R) SST)
  3. Realtek(R) Audio

So, as of this message, I am deleting these three drivers and rebooting and rescanning for hardware to see if that fixes it. I'll post back the results, but I'm not hopeful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Amazingly, that actually worked. It took a few minutes for the Device manager to get everything back, but once it did, the microphone shows up in the sound control panel as "Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel(r) SST)" and it works just fine.

Hope this helps someone else!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Amazingly, that actually worked. It took a few minutes for the Device manager to get everything back, but once it did, the microphone shows up in the sound control panel as "Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel(r) SST)" and it works just fine.

Hope this helps someone else!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.