cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
6 2 2 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Internal mic doesn't exist...not even as disabled

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ap0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In my sound control panel, I no longer see anything that refers to my internal microphone...even when I select to "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices."

I can see the Realtek(R) Audio microphone in that list, but this only appears to reflect the "right panel 3.5 mm jack" (when I look at its properties), and not the internal microphone.

I've looked in the Device Manager, and under "Sound, video and game controller," there are only two devices that seem relevant.

1. Intel(R) Display Audio
  2. Intel(R) Smart Sound technology (Intel (R) SST)
  3. Realtek(R) Audio

So, as of this message, I am deleting these three drivers and rebooting and rescanning for hardware to see if that fixes it. I'll post back the results, but I'm not hopeful.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
6 2 2 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Amazingly, that actually worked. It took a few minutes for the Device manager to get everything back, but once it did, the microphone shows up in the sound control panel as "Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Technology (Intel(r) SST)" and it works just fine.

Hope this helps someone else!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation