Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cc1xx

The built-in speakers of my laptop were working on windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit(10.0, Build 19041). I updated the Operating System to Windows 11 Home Single Language Version:- 21H2 (OS build:-22000.282, OS Version:-Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.282.0) on 27th October 2021. After that built-in speakers are not working. I want to install the best driver for Realtek(R) Audio Device.

The following drivers are not working.

1. Realtek High Definition (HD) Audio Driver-Version

2. Realtek(R) Audio Driver

3. Realtek(R) Audio Driver

4. B&O 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if this W11 Realtek audio driver works for you...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp131501-132000/sp131797.exe 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if this W11 Realtek audio driver works for you...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp131501-132000/sp131797.exe 

HP Recommended

I tried your suggestion, Paul - it worked! You're awesome! I now have audio again through my built-in laptop speakers. Thank you. 

If anyone else tries it, I'd point out that when the system says it needs to restart to update the Realtek Audio driver, there was a Command Prompt running some code at the same time. Wait for that to finish. It appears to have been updating more than just the audio driver. In the Command Prompt session, there were a series of pings to the local loopback IP so it must've been updating some Network drivers as well. Just wait a minute or two for that to finish, wouldn't want to interrupt ANY driver updates. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

I downloaded this Driver and I still have no sound, I am using a HP OMEN i9 with BANG & OLUFSEN Speakers, Can someone please help me.

HP Recommended

That fix did not work for me.  I no longer have the Bang & Olufsen driver on my Windows 11 home computer which was originally working.  I have sound but not as good as Bang & Olufsen driver.  What driver can I download for my specs?

Edition Windows 11 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎11/‎15/‎2021
OS build 22000.434
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.434.0

HP Recommended

I found that the best driver for my Omen 30 is an older version, 6.0.9205.1. All other versions (at least for me) have a problem playing short sounds after the computer goes idle for a few seconds or crackling sounds at different volume levels. I don't know if this version will install the B&O control panel but you can configure the speakers with the Windows settings. Go to update.microsoft.catalog.com and search for Realtek 6.0.9205.1 and download the .cab file.

HP Recommended

I have a cross next to the audio, how can I remove it?

HP Recommended

Just click on the icon.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.