Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
1 REPLY 1
07-24-2020 06:19 PM
@Monteco79 Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: Click here for steps on finding the information we need!
Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.
Meanwhile, here's everything you need to know about pairing a device with Windows 10 products:
Before you start the pairing operation, make sure that:
- Your computer has a Bluetooth function that supports music playback connections (A2DP).
- The computer is placed within 1 m (3 feet) of the headset.
- The headset is charged sufficiently.
- The operating instructions of the computer is in hand.
- Depending on the computer you are using, the built-in Bluetooth adapter may need to be turned on. If you do not know how to turn on the Bluetooth adapter or are unsure if your computer has a built-in Bluetooth adapter, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the computer.
Enter pairing mode on this headset.
Turn on the headset when you pair the headset with a device for the first time after you bought it or after you initialized the headset (the headset has no pairing information). The headset enters pairing mode automatically.
When you pair a 2nd or subsequent device (the headset has pairing information for other devices), press and hold the button for about 7 seconds.
Check that the blue indicator repeatedly flashes 2 times in a row. You will hear a voice guidance “Bluetooth pairing”.
Wake the computer up from sleep mode.
Register the headset using the computer.
- Click the [Start] button, then [Settings].
- Click [Devices].
- Click the [Bluetooth] tab, then click the [Bluetooth] button to turn on the Bluetooth function.
- Select [WH-1000XM3], then click [Pair].
If passkey (*) input is required on the display of the computer, input “0000.”
The headset and computer are paired and connected with each other. You will hear a voice guidance “Bluetooth connected”.
If they are not connected, see “Connecting to a paired computer (Windows 10)”
If [WH-1000XM3] does not appear on the display, try again from step 3.
*A Passkey may be called “Passcode,” “PIN code,” or “Password.”
- The above procedure is an example. For more details, refer to the operating instructions supplied with your computer.
- To delete all pairing information, see “Initializing the headset to restore factory settings”.
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community