Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 17-by3613dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer had a windows update and the sound is now tinny and low volume.  There are no new drivers for the realtek output..  I contacted Microsoft and they had me contact HP but my warranty is expired. tried all the troubleshooting.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Having the same issue and pulling my hair out, without any luck. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Realtek Audio device in device manager under the Sound Controller tab (not the audio inputs tab), makes it work BEAUTIFULY, until you restart. Then it's broken again 🙂 I'll post if i can figure this stupid thing out.

HP Recommended

I've solved my issue. Took a while but i knew it was some stupid setting that does nothing and was bricking the entire audio driver. My OS is Windows 10. I seriously hope this helps someone else.

Issue: Realtek Audio not working (working extremely quietly and buzzy). When reinstalling it (or disabling and re-enabling) in device manager, it works until it reboots, then the issue re-appears.

Fix: DISABLE the signal enhancement checkbox 'Enable audio enhancements'

Steps: Right click your volume button at the bottom right > Select 'Sounds' > Select the tab 'Playback' > Right click Speaker / Headphone (Realtek audio default device) and select 'Properties' > Select the tab 'Advanced' > Uncheck the box 'Enable audio enhancements' > Test the audio with button above, by clicking a new audio level at the bottom right or by running a youtube video.

HP Recommended

THIS WORKED!  Thank you!  

HP Recommended

Stoked it worked for you!! Audio issues sure can be a pain

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.