Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy X360 i7
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The right side is working perfectly fine but the left side speaker just produce minimal sounds. What should I do?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@majyc
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Step 1: Restart the computer

Step 2: Run the Audio Check in HP Support Assistant

Step 3: Use the troubleshooting tool in Windows

Step 4: Test external speakers or headphones

Step 5: Update the audio driver Click here: https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c04973149 to complete the troubleshooting steps

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue with the left side, I'm beginning to worry its a defective issue across all of your products. I would really love for this to be resolved as i absolutely love my HP Envy 17" i just want my Bang & Olufsen speakers to work properly.

HP Recommended

@ThatGuy93
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you performed above-mentioned troubleshooting steps?
  • Have you tried with an external speaker?
  • What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • What is the operating system?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Envy laptop model 17m-ce1013dx running windows 10 home. I've attempted all troubleshooting steps including reinstalling the sound driver, external speakers and headphones work just fine. 

HP Recommended

@majyc

Thank you for posting back. 

This sounds like hardware related issue with the speaker. Hence, I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My left speaker is already fine. Thanks for your reply though.

HP Recommended

@ThatGuy93

I solved it already. I don't know if it'll work on you but it wouldn't hurt to try, is it? 

Right click the speaker icon then choose "open volume mixer"

Click the "device/headphone"

Go to "levels"

Then click "balance", it'll show you the separate volume controller of your left and right speaker.

In my case, I just adjusted the volume of my left speaker then voila! Left speaker is working fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.