Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My new Spectre's sound is extremely low quality and tinny. I have tried adjusting the settings in the Bang and Olufsen Audio control menu, have checked for driver updates (no new updates available), and have tried to load alternative drivers through the troubleshooting menu. There is no tab for turning off sound effects and audio enhancements in the in Speaker/Headphone properties as troubleshooting recommends. I'd really appreciate any help with this issue to take full advantage of my Spectre. Thanks! 

Audio Driver: Realtek High Definition Audio (SST) 6.0.1.8176 (6/6/17)

Model: HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl1XX

Product Number: 1VW22AV

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Waras
Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

Due to incompatibilities with audio drivers that affect the sound quality of HP Spectre. I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

Let's try this steps:

1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.

2. Click Playback Devices.

3. Click Speakers.

4. Click properties.

5. Click the advanced tab on the Properties window.

6. Change the Default Format drop-down to the highest quality.

7. Apply the properties.

8. Click OK to close the properties window. Restart your Notebook.

Also, you can try downloading the Realtek HD Audio software from here

Keep me posted for further assistance

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,
Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,
Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. The sound is already at the highest quality (24bit, 48,000 Hz as opposed to 16 bit). I tried the drivers at the link, but they weren't compatible with my product. When I look up drivers on HP's website using HP Detect My Device, it only lists one driver option which I already have installed (see first post for driver number). The sound continues to be flat and tinny. Any other options I can try? Thanks. 

HP Recommended

@Waras

Thank you for posting back. 

I'm sending out a Private message to assist you with the next course of action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I wonder if there was any solution to the sound problem. 

My device is Spectre x360 15ch002nc.

The sound is absolutely flat with awful quality.  Tweaking bass level in Bang & Olufsen control  panel has practically no effect.

All drivers up to date (same problem with original drivers). 

Athgough im HP fan I am greatly disappointed. This should be premium device but its not. There are more problems, but the sound quality is outstanding one. It hurts ears. Actually its absurd as I also bought Envy (3 times  cheaper) and the sounds works great there.

Is there any solution?

HP Recommended

@savier Unfortunately, I concluded that the built-in sound is just seriously disappointing. I ended up investing in a software called FxSound Enhancer, which helps somewhat but is still frustrating for such an expensive laptop. 

HP Recommended

That atleast confirms the problem and I dont have to try to solve it anymore. I also thought that something might be broken inside as im hearing crack like sounds fom within the chasis  right next to the touchpad if you push a little or just place your hands and type.

Sad, sad..

Anyway I will try the FxSound Enhancer if it helps. I guess I will have to put a new "HP sound quality check" item right before "Is the brand still worth byuing" to my buying criteria list.

Thanks for reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.