Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

This laptop has Beats Audio but it barely puts out any volume to the speakers. We have the  volume turned all the way up, everywhere we can find a volume control -- doesn't do any good. How do we fix? 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi @Qbert58 

I understand you are experiencing an low audio difficulty with you notebook. 

Please remember when posting to provide your exact model and not just the notebook series  for someone to assist you more efficiently. 

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Have you ran the HP Support Assistant ?

Here are two links that may also help.

HP Notebook PCs - No Sound from Speakers (Windows 😎

HP PCs - Beats Audio Console (Windows 😎

Best of Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Same problem.  HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j143na Notebook PC

HP Recommended

Since upgrading to Windows 10, the volume on my Envy 14 Spectre is rubbish, obviously I've no beats audio installed, as it caused driver conflict issues.  What do HP recommend to boost the volume back to the pre-Win10 upgrade?

HP Recommended

I have had the same problem since the W10 upgrade.   Volume is really low.  Even though the Control Panel settings are -- across the board -- maxed out.

HP Recommended

I resolved the low volume option by installing the latest version of the IDT Audio Manager.

I don't recall the exact link I used, but there are a few here:

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/15490-idt-audio-drivers-6504-6492-a.html

and more info here;

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3f6ki0/idt_high_definition_audio_codec_driver_update/

HP Recommended

Solution for me anyway

I had the low volume problem since the I got the laptop, before and after Windows 10, but just bluetoothed to a speaker.

However, I just found an "app" for beatsaudio  when I typed "audio" in my search window. That beatsaudio app has tab "listening" wherein you will find a graphic equailizer.

I selected  "custom" at the drop down, then turned up all the red knobs as high as they will go and SAVE.   Worked for me.

HP Envy 360, BeatsAudio   Windows 10

Aside: Worst wfi adaptor ever on this laptop  - Have done multiple fixes that worked but eventually a different fix is needed.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! I went to Windows Settings, typed in "audio" and followed your instructions. For the first time in many months, I'm able to hear video, etc. clearly on my HP Envy TS 15. 

HP Recommended

Hi, after 6 months of this issue, the only thing that worked for me was uninstalling 'IDT audio' that was for some reason installed on the laptop.

This has restored the audio to completely normal behavior.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.