Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-02-2020 07:50 PM
I am unable to use the internal microphones for Zoom or any other purpose. I have installed all latest BIOS and driver updates, uninstalled/reinstalled audio drivers, but the microphone sensitivity is very low.
When I go to Settings and Test the microphone, it shows some input when I yell or blow directly into the microphones on each side of the camera. Otherwise, there is hardly any input recorded.
I have tried cleaning the small holes on each side of the camera but that does not help.
04-08-2020 03:31 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you tried
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
- Step 1: Check the microphone hardware
- Step 2: Update the audio driver
- Step 3: Use the Troubleshooting tool
- Step 4: Configure the sound settings in Windows
Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03421813 to complete the troubleshooting steps.
And, also try this workaround:
- Open Control Panel.
- Open the Hardware and Sound setting.
- Open the Sound setting.
- Select the Recording tab and double-click your microphone you have selected as the default recording device.
- Click on the Level tab and reduce the Microphone Boost setting.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community