Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
EliteBook 840 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have reinstalled the brand new Elitebook G5 with W10 Pro 1803 from SCCM. The image is clean - from Microsoft.

The message "Flow will now shutdown" pops up from start, and I am not able to get rid of it.

At startup WinUpdate installs version 9.0.203.0. I have tried with versions 180 (from orig image), 195 (from HP driver package), and 208 (from Microsoft Update Catalog). Today i found another version 212 via HP Support assistant.

But none of them solves my problem with the pop-up message!

I have even tried to roll back to Windows version 1709, but the error message persists.

What have you done with your factory image to get rid of this? A rollback to the factory image is no acceptable option for us.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After some hours of testing I found that uninstalling/disabling the current Windows Presentation Language (Norwegian Nynorsk) did the trick. The error disappeared. But I need this language..

Starting with the Conexant 218 driver version, I uninstalled the driver from Device Manager, without removing the driver. Then I clicked "Action - Scan for hardware changes", and the same driver was automatically installed again. But, surprisingly, the error message disappeared!

I have now tried this method on 7 different laptops (EliteBook 840 G5, ProBook 640/650 G4), with the same result.

But I wonder: What will happen when WinUpdate one day decides to upgrade the driver..?

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey there,

Upgrade your "Conexant HD Audio Driver" 

Download the driver and after the Installation of the driver, Restart you machine.

Hope you'll find the solution.

HP Recommended

Sorry if I wasn'n clear about it: I have tried several Conexant drivers, the last one was from HP support site - version 212.

I assume the problem is language related, my pc is set up with Norwegian Nynorsk language.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem since I updated to the previous version of 212. Even with all the recommendations to uninstall etc. it did not work. Also the 212 Version did not solve the problem either.

I really miss my Vaio from 2014 - never had problems like this and others I have with this very expensive notebook! Sometimes it just does not react and I need to force shut off or the system is slow without CPU usage. 32GB, 1TB SSD i7 and LTE - besides that still this keyboard for home users with the call answer call end buttons instead of INS and PrtScr/Break as you need for programming and command prompt! I am not satisfied with the support at all whit this  HP Product.

HP Recommended

I have same issue with 840 G5. As advised, I have updated the Conexxant Audio driver but to no avail. Will now try to update Graphics Driver, see if that makes any difference, considering Audio is part of the Graphics (from what I was told). will advise.

HP Recommended

Nope, upgrade of Graphics driver didnt fix it. Problem persist!

HP Recommended

After some hours of testing I found that uninstalling/disabling the current Windows Presentation Language (Norwegian Nynorsk) did the trick. The error disappeared. But I need this language..

Starting with the Conexant 218 driver version, I uninstalled the driver from Device Manager, without removing the driver. Then I clicked "Action - Scan for hardware changes", and the same driver was automatically installed again. But, surprisingly, the error message disappeared!

I have now tried this method on 7 different laptops (EliteBook 840 G5, ProBook 640/650 G4), with the same result.

But I wonder: What will happen when WinUpdate one day decides to upgrade the driver..?

HP Recommended

after trying all sugestion, the message "Error occurred, Flow will now shutdown" did not disapear!

my solution was in fact very easy:

unistall the driver Conexant ISST Audio, to be sure you do it right just type "Uninstall Drivers on Windows 10" in google and follow the instruction.

restart the PC (notebook etc...) and wait the driver will reinstall from itself.

if not "actualise driver" in the sound troubleshooting.

the message won't show again

HP Recommended

error occurred flow will now shutdown win 10

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.